3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Removing orange blinker insert

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 12:19 AM
wygantmb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Removing orange blinker insert

It is very easy to take the inserts out. I haven't done it in a my truck yet.(to lazy) I did do it to a 2000 Stratus. All you do is remove the whole headlight assembly. Take the bulbs out, now very (and I mean very carefully) take a long screw driver and put it into the turn signal hole up against the orange peice. With a hamer tap on the screw driver. Not to hard. The idea is to break the amber piece but not the head light assembly. From there you just pick the pieces out with needle nose pliers. You may need to break the pieces up a little more, the pliers will help with this part. I've tried to take the lense off the head light before. Not a good idea(broke it). Now just for those people that will ask. Once you do this you can NOT put the lense back in, only way to go back is all new head lights. I hope this helps. Any other question just ask.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:23 AM
wygantmb

P.S. I learnde this by waisting money on Ebay for a set of clear head lights and all I got are the directions.

Here is a picture of the Stratus. I sold it about 2 years ago.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17113/3BE5F9CF94B34393968CE0130FFB5887.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-10-2005, 12:31 AM
rob[GL]
All Star

Are you guys ****ing serious? Didn't I just post a step-by-step guide on how to do this? I just did it this past weekend. Try reading the goddamn forum before you ask something like this.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:35 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey rob. Please tone it down a coupe notches and watch the profanity.

Rob did a very good write-up, step-by-step for DF members to save the money and remove the amber lens. It was very thorough and user freindly.

[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-10-2005, 12:37 AM
rob[GL]
All Star

Sorry, typically I'm not quite so quick to throw out the profanities... I just had a fight with the wife, and yeah... Still no excuse. Bottom line is, I *did* do the mod already, and I even took pictures and wrote up a little guide. So I guess I was just a little peeved people can't seem bothered to use the resources already made available.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:42 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://dodgeforum.com/m_227638/tm.htm

Here's the link to the write-up Ram05guy.

He's a new member and probably isn't familiar with the site yet. Heck. I'm not sure I know how to use the search function efficiently yet.

Quick Reply: Removing orange blinker insert