3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

truck aint sitting like it used to!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:02 PM
hemi slappin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck aint sitting like it used to!

soooooo an interesting weekend lol... i went out to suburban which 10,000 acres of woods and trails.. now i have 2wd with nitto mud graps and let me tell you they work great lol never got stuck went through some serious holes headlights went in the water, had to do some rockin back and forth, the whole she-bang lol.. but then the fun happend i raced my buddy back to camp and he was a 4wheeler and i was in my truck now the trails arent smooth there is woops dips sand to grass to little mud, but i won the race lol i did like 40 over everything and used the saying cant dodge it ram it the whole time, i know i know wasnt smart yea well i did it.. now my truck sits perfectly level instead of being bulldoged like it was before i went out there soo i def wore the front end out a little wish i had pics but umm the camera got fuhhhhhhed up lol

Old 04-19-2010, 10:14 PM
ram man17
Captain

damn glad your 2wd didnt limit you any! sounds like a good time, just make sure you pressure wash your under carraige and all that good stuff

Old 04-19-2010, 10:21 PM
aidenhardcore
Captain

Sounds like a great weeken. I would love to do this and go semi offroading and mudding like you but I like a clean truck lol. im also afraid of breaking something lol. Good thing your truck runs good and no problems now.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:31 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like another case of the...

lol, well, cross your fingers and hope you dont find anything f'ed up too badly.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:50 PM
Matt99
Champion

mine is so damn bumpy with the level that I dont go more than 10ft off a dirt road. Thats what my 4wheelers are for I guess

Old 04-20-2010, 08:08 AM
jeffgank

Originally Posted by Matt99
mine is so damn bumpy with the level that I dont go more than 10ft off a dirt road. Thats what my 4wheelers are for I guess
thats why I'm looking into the Bilstein 5100 adjustables... But i'm still afraid to take the dive.. dont wanna lose my 4wd.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:17 AM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

I know exactly how suburban is. Yes, I've done the same thing out there, only in my old Ranger. That place isn't too bad as long as you've had just a little rain to pack the sugar sand down. I screwed up my ball joints and sway bar pretty much got ripped off one time out there. Lots of fun, but sometimes you gotta take 'er easy. I must say that when I screwed my stuff up, there was a beer in my hand right after I got through the gate and after that my hand was never empty. Lost a couple coolers from the bed of the truck out there until I started chaining it to the bed. lol Hope you find the problem man.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:25 AM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like fun and I agree with ya on the tires!! mine worked great this weekend also!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:43 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hemi slappin
never got stuck went through some serious holes headlights went in the water, had to do some rockin back and forth, the whole she-bang lol..
Gotta be careful running into the water holes. These are trucks not boats...lol
But seriously, if water was up to your headlights, then the water was high enough for your air box to suck up water. The factory airbox tube is at the same level as the bottom of the headlights.
Luckily you just squashed the crao outta your springs and not your motor!

Just remember, you gotta $pay$ to play! Offroading is costly, especially if your rough. And just because nothing broke doesn't mean you cant go out and be easier than you were and have something break because you already stressed it out. Not trying to panic you,. just fore-warn i guess.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
hemi slappin
Professional

yea it was a great time yea cowboy i have a beer or 5 with some crown and ginger lol... but there wasnt packed down sugar sand it was dry and loose thats why i was baja'in like i was im not kidding about doin 40 over the woops lol my buddies head hit the roof a few times but it was so awesome and my truck had good posi a lot of the time i never spun one wheel according to my buddies im positive i dont have an LSD and did some badass donuts, my buddy said he tried taking a pic cause my rooster tails were flyin like 30 feet he said but it came out dark... and matt just go run the $hit out of it offroad and it will squash down some lol my doesnt clunk anymore and still sits a half inch higher in the front!!.. and dog, for sure im probly never gonna do that again with my truck lol it was a one time thing and it did very well for me

Quick Reply: truck aint sitting like it used to!