3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got me a ticket... finally.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010 | 12:16 PM
gmb4fords
|
Veteran
Default Got me a ticket... finally.

Friday I got pulled over for my tail lights being altered(smoked)... I talked to the cop while he had me pulled and asked him if he would help me out of the ticket if I changed the lights back to my original lights and he said yes. My buddy has an 08 1500 and I was going to swap with him untill I get the ticket taken care of. Does anyone know if his lights are the same size as mine and will bolt up? I got the ticket out of town so I'm not concerned with seeing the same cop again after I get the ticket taken care of. Thanks

Old 04-27-2010 | 12:38 PM
tlawre87
Veteran

I hate to say it, but the 08s will work, but you'll have to modify the wiring to make them work.

Old 04-27-2010 | 12:56 PM
oefootball_70
Champion

not with out modifying the wiring.

I would take some paint thiner/sand paper and get the vht off and re spray them with some clear coat.

Old 04-27-2010 | 12:56 PM
Matt99
Champion

I dont think they will...You have three bulbs and we only have two...I think...I remember someone on DT working really hard to get the 07/08 lights work on his 06

I got pulled over a few weekends ago by Barney Fife in the middle of freaking nowhere....he was sitting there on his comp (I could see the lit up screen) and I get about a mile away and he pulls out, turns on his lights (and Im the only one anywhere) so I pulled over...He said quote Before I didnt see a glimpse of running lights, but now they are here...are those DOT approved?

I said they are the ones that came on the truck from the factory, so yes....and as you can see, there are running lights and they are pretty bright...He said OK well you are free to go....I HAD MY BRAKE LIGHTS ON haha

Sorry to go all rocket in that post (no offense rocket), my laptop quotation key is broken

Old 04-27-2010 | 01:15 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

Originally Posted by Matt99
I dont think they will...You have three bulbs and we only have two...I think...I remember someone on DT working really hard to get the 07/08 lights work on his 06

I got pulled over a few weekends ago by Barney Fife in the middle of freaking nowhere....he was sitting there on his comp (I could see the lit up screen) and I get about a mile away and he pulls out, turns on his lights (and Im the only one anywhere) so I pulled over...He said quote Before I didnt see a glimpse of running lights, but now they are here...are those DOT approved?

I said they are the ones that came on the truck from the factory, so yes....and as you can see, there are running lights and they are pretty bright...He said OK well you are free to go....I HAD MY BRAKE LIGHTS ON haha

Sorry to go all rocket in that post (no offense rocket), my laptop quotation key is broken
buuuurned

Old 04-27-2010 | 01:29 PM
Animal Mother
Captain

The police really seem to be cracking down on tinted tails recently

Old 04-27-2010 | 03:58 PM
RamGentry13
Veteran

mine are smoked so i put a tailgate led strip and theu work great with the brake lights. dont get any **** from the cops either

Old 04-27-2010 | 05:23 PM
toxdoc
Veteran
Angry

Originally Posted by Animal Mother
The police really seem to be cracking down on tinted tails recently
__________________________________________________ __________________________
That's only the beginning - you will find all states looking for any way within the stretched legal limits to increase revenue as their economies continue to crumble under the current pitiful federal leadership.
toxdoc

Old 04-27-2010 | 05:39 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain

you have an early 3rd gen, not the late third gen right? EDIT: nevermind, thought i read headlights.

Old 04-27-2010 | 05:46 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

I'd say look at craigslist, you're bound to find a cheap replacement set.

Quick Reply: Got me a ticket... finally.