3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How about cutting the mods some slack?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i feel there would be alot less thread moving if the site was designed differently with sub forums for each section relating to the gen...

Old 06-28-2010, 11:12 PM
jake7
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
the only thing the whining accomplished was getting another 'fun' thread locked. I was surprised how much whining there is in a forum filled with tough guy truck owners
I have to agree here...as long as someone isn't being degraded/made fun of or something along those lines and most of the thread is on track or not too far off then no reason to move OR complain...

Old 06-28-2010, 11:22 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

I just read the thread linked close to the top. I can see where the concern is coming from. but, it's technically not a technical thread. calling the mods out on it and pointing to other threads that aren't locked is like telling a cop that pulled you over 'how come you didn't pull over my buddy that was right in front of me? he was speeding too'

still, I can see how it would leave a bad taste

Old 06-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

it does leave a bad taste BUT i see where buddy was coming though... over the last little while Ive seen threads get under the wire--- and other ones not last 5 minutes. I think it just depends on what the mod feels in his opinion what is technically related or what is not.

Maybe open up a "Stolen.HELP" Thread or an Off-topic Accident thread?

Just a a suggestion to the mods out there

Old 06-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
i feel there would be alot less thread moving if the site was designed differently with sub forums for each section relating to the gen...
Fact...when sub sections take a bit to find on one central page, no1 goes to them...i can honestly say ive been to threads in other sections maybe 5 times in 2 1/2 years

Old 06-29-2010, 12:21 AM
jake7
All Star

I just click on "new posts" over and over and over....then i get to see everything

Old 06-29-2010, 01:20 AM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker

In a joking way! I kinda feel like im getting in trouble in real life HAHA.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:58 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by ericemery
Let me get this straight... You want every single off topic thread and post moved...

If you think there is favoritism because a mod misses a thread, then report it. Its that little triangle with the exclamation point.

If the members want strict enforcement, I am sure I can arrange for that. Just keep in mind that with strict enforcement comes penalty for breaking the rules being enforced.
no im pretty sure you know what we are talking about...

how about dont move threads unless they are obviously have nothing to do with a specific gen. all the past threads ive seen moved have been dealing with 3rd gen stuff but they get moved....

Old 06-29-2010, 02:06 AM
texaskook
Rookie

Guys, I really didn't intend on causing this much crap. What it boils down to is we all dig our trucks, and trucks like ours, that's why we're here. This forum is a great pool of information and I understand that structure is a neccesity. Felt like I wasn't getting a fair shake...maybe I was...but I did get my truck taken from me today and that sucks. If the mods feel like they need to strip my forum privalages from me, then so be it...It'd be a far cry from having my truck stripped from me.

Quick Reply: How about cutting the mods some slack?