3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How about cutting the mods some slack?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:17 AM
tlawre87
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends"

Old 06-29-2010, 10:15 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SMKNRAM
No offense 95, but this thread has made it worse! Cause the way I see it, it all started when a thread was moved from 3rd gen section to off topic. Now it has migrated in to stop bitchin about mods thread, BUT the bottom line is IN MY OPINION the thread should never have been moved in the first place!! Then this thread would not have been necessary. Guess my point is there is too much gray area of on topic. Today a stolen truck is off topic but for the last year they have been in the 3rd gen section. I understand a thread about your dog or your bassboat being moved, but about your truck???? Just seams on topic to me. But I guess that is why I am not a mod!

Not trying to ruffle feathers, just helping prove a point!
OK, take a deep breathe...here we go...lol

The problem is your holding onto ONE lousy thread being moved. Get over it already. Everyone makes mistakes. And it's not because of the one thread that was moved to OT that this was created. It's because guys are holding onto grudges because of the one thread being moved and they are rolling over the bitchin and complaining into the next thread and then the next...so on.

Anything Ram can be left, but just remember this, if it's what you want, then don't cry about it when they begin to clutter up the 3rd Gen area. I can distinctly remember last year when a bunch of guys were moaning about all kinds of stuff being not tech related in the 3rd Gen section that wasn't being moved me included which is why I accepted mod position.

There can be 3 things that happen here.
1: We leave everything that starts in the 3rd gen are in the 3rd gen area.
2: We can move what we can within reason which is what has been happening
Or,
3: things can be so strict up in here life sucks and who wants that? Certainly nobody.

Now, I dunno about you guys, but #2 is a compromise between the others and that means some threads get moved and some don't.

If anything, it's you guys who want to pick-choose. Say for instance; when a 10 post member throws up a thread about a stereo, everyone expects it to be moved, yet when a senior member does the same, you all cry about it. Just saying what I have seen. Regarding the stolen truck..Just because you are a Ram owner doesn't mean your gonna find the poor guys truck any quicker. The only reason those threads are moved is to make you guys happy and keep the area free of non tech stuff like everyone had asked for. There is alot of gray area and that's where the problem had surfaced from.

We all need to be a team here and that means that if you guys see something we don't, then inform us. There's no need to get all hostile about one or 2 lousy threads being moved. There's hundreds posted up everyday. Just shoot a PM and we can talk like adults. I hate the behind the scenes crap that goes on because it's nothing but gossip unless you are directing it to someone who can properly address the situation. You guys all know me. I tell it like it is. Some guys like it and others don't but everyone wants direct tell it like it is talk whether they like it or not.

Nobody is playing the favorite card. Nobody is isolating any one member.
I moved Truckin's thread because I did not see where he asked any questions. To me it was another accident off topic thread. I had seen the whole long winded story that I didn't have time to read thus never even seeing the short question asked in the end..WHy?? Because I was spending my "DF play time" modding and not playing. I suppose if I play and then mod it wouldn't have been moved, but that means that alot of other threads will go unmoved.
I don't think most guys realize how much time is put into modding. I just wish guys had an idea what it was like and all this complaining would no longer be. I have only done what I was intructed to do, so I apologize if guys are insulted by certain actions. I really do try my best, but it's hard to get up and do better when guys are just beating you down.

So please, PM someone. PM me, even if you have a bone to pick so we can sort this out. I'm pretty easy to get along with. Sure I have strong opinions, but I'm still human and do make mistakes. I'm not here to be up on the perfect mod pedestal, just here to make this place more enjoyable for you guys.

Last edited by dirtydog; 06-29-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recognize the need for keeping the tech section chocked with tech topics, but I can also see where people just want to talk to others in their own section.

I'm one of those that browses this entire site; from neons to off brand news. From what I have seen that a general thread in the tech section can fix all of this bickering.

For those of you that don't leave third gen ram, I implore you to do so. Go over to 2nd gen and look at the stickies we have. We have a thread called,"Official 2nd Gen Ram OT". That's the thread that members can post in when they want just their 2nd gen fellows to see.

It is in my opinion that if a thread like that were to find its way to 3rd gen, and if its use were to be enforced, this argument would be null and void.

I recognize that you have a thread almost like this, but change its use a little bit. 2nd gen and 3rd gen dakotas get along just fine with it.

Last edited by Laramie1997; 06-29-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:34 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ we have that and its for posts thats dont have anything to do with 3rd gen which in fine. these posts do deal with 3rd gen but are getting moved. we like tech stuff but also like to see and read what else is going on since we have come to know everybody's truck on here...

and dirty it seems like its going to be towards your #3 just by judging whats already going on.

over the past couple weeks it seems that df is getting more political and has become less fun and enjoyable to come on here

Old 06-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Hoss356
Captain

Originally Posted by 95_318SLT
this thread was made by ericemery to tell everyone that bashing the moderators in the open forum isn't allowed and any dissagreements need to be taken to private messaging.

Don't think of this as bitching, just think of it as open forum opinion of what I'd like to see since the BS on this site gets so bad sometimes I had to take a break for awhile.
1) Stay on topic, I've seen threads go way off topic quick fast and in a hurry and sometimes a mod was the worst offender.
2) Post relevant sh-t, there is some great info and some good threads on here but I gotta dig thru threads like: "I just sold the muffler sitting in my garage for the last 6 months, and I took a crap this morning"
3) I do agree with some of the posters on here in that we should split the 3rd gen ram specific area into two technical and non-technical sections so if you're looking for help with troubleshooting you don't have to dig past someones latest paint scheme or pics of their new tonneau cover and vice versa.

Lastly I do gotta thank the stand up Mods, who by posting in this thread to let them know the problems have shown they are keeping an open mind toward criticism and new ideas.

EDIT: I'd also like to say that the Mods and the senior members on here have the unsolicited burden to be the example for all the newbies to follow. So keeping DF a good place to hang out doesn't entirely hang on the Mods shoulders.

Last edited by Hoss356; 06-29-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:55 PM
evomega08
Veteran

Originally Posted by Matt99
Fact...when sub sections take a bit to find on one central page, no1 goes to them...i can honestly say ive been to threads in other sections maybe 5 times in 2 1/2 years
I agree with matt, I never go anywhere but 3rd gen maybe thats just me. I kind of like going to one place and seeing pics of new mods and seeing pics frogs fat gf, makes it fun and thats really why everyone logs on, if I dont like someone's offtopic thread I just wont read it ........ just my opinion.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:56 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW....to much bitchen and crying in here come on men are we grown up or are we children?.....

Old 06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

This isn't a technical 3rd Gen topic, shouldn't it be moved to off-topic by now...

Old 06-29-2010, 04:14 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoss356
Don't think of this as bitching, just think of it as open forum opinion of what I'd like to see since the BS on this site gets so bad sometimes I had to take a break for awhile.
1) Stay on topic, I've seen threads go way off topic quick fast and in a hurry and sometimes a mod was the worst offender.
2) Post relevant sh-t, there is some great info and some good threads on here but I gotta dig thru threads like: "I just sold the muffler sitting in my garage for the last 6 months, and I took a crap this morning"
3) I do agree with some of the posters on here in that we should split the 3rd gen ram specific area into two technical and non-technical sections so if you're looking for help with troubleshooting you don't have to dig past someones latest paint scheme or pics of their new tonneau cover and vice versa.

Lastly I do gotta thank the stand up Mods, who by posting in this thread to let them know the problems have shown they are keeping an open mind toward criticism and new ideas.

EDIT: I'd also like to say that the Mods and the senior members on here have the unsolicited burden to be the example for all the newbies to follow. So keeping DF a good place to hang out doesn't entirely hang on the Mods shoulders.
I'm not really sure why you quoted me and then made this post, cause nothing you said here really had anything to do with what I said, but since you quoted me, I'll respond to your post...

There are no rules against posting the opinions you posted. In fact, there is a section in the open forum devoted to posting your opinions about forum changes...

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/df-webs...tion-center-9/

The rule in question is against badmouting a moderator in the open forum because you don't like a decision he made.

Personally, I like being a moderator in 1st gen dakota. Its a quiet section and arguments rarely arise. It makes my job fun since I can devote my time to making my section better rather than babysitting the members. But if I had a 3rd gen Ram, and I were a mod here, I'd step down after seeing what the mods here have to deal with. The fact that they haven't yet stepped down says to me that they really want to do the job, and ya'll should be glad your section has moderators that are devoted to the forum. Just cut them some slack and follow the rules and when they start having more time to clean up this section instead of dealing with individual members, this section will become a fun place to hang out. [/rant]

Quick Reply: How about cutting the mods some slack?