3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How about cutting the mods some slack?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:45 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
Close this thread and get over it.

I feel it's not my duty to close this thread although I could. Once everyone has decided to let this go and it's apparent there are some out there.....The thread will fall off the first page and then we can all get on with everything. I'm leaving it up to the DF members this time to drop this and let it go.
Just don't post if you wanna move on with things!

Old 06-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
All in favor of droppin the purses, zippin up the man suits, chillin out and GROWING the F UP... say I.
"I" x's 1,000,000,000.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:25 PM
RubberFrog
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm reading this thread in the terlit... sp

Old 06-29-2010, 05:39 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

LMAO !!!!! this is to good .

Old 06-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Matt99
Champion

Okay I agree with certain mods more than others, and i also think some are a little too pick and choosy, but everyone is different and some are loose on some rules that others are strict on..

My idea, and im no mod or anything, is that if multiple long-standing members agree on a subject and it isnt exactly what the mods think, the mod should be persuaded (not overruled) Kinda like the mods are the governers but the senior members are the Congress haha...

Right now all that is happening is MUTINY haha

Old 06-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

Originally Posted by Matt99
Okay I agree with certain mods more than others, and i also think some are a little too pick and choosy, but everyone is different and some are loose on some rules that others are strict on..

My idea, and im no mod or anything, is that if multiple long-standing members agree on a subject and it isnt exactly what the mods think, the mod should be persuaded (not overruled) Kinda like the mods are the governers but the senior members are the Congress haha...

Right now all that is happening is MUTINY haha
^^^i agree with you Matt, mind you lol i only have a few hundred posts. But i've been a pretty avid member for the last couple months. Im on every single day for atleast an hour or sometimes way longer then i want to admit.... i do check out the other forums and DF Lounge. I post when ever i can help or want to shoot my opinion in.

but i do gotta say when the opposing debaters read comments like
WOW....to much bitchen and crying in here come on men are we grown up or are we children?.....
and
All in favor of droppin the purses, zippin up the man suits, chillin out and GROWING the F UP
its just gonna pis them off and when you say stuff like this- it is not mature or "Grown up"
Ppl have there opinions and want to argue, THEY should learn how to do it in a respectful mannerful way.
Another thing- What a mods says, goes to an extent. But if ppl do have a problem before getting pissed of and ranted- send him a PM. Who knows he might be move it back
just my $0.02 boys.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:38 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
I'm reading this thread in the terlit... sp
I think that is where it belongs froggy!

Old 06-29-2010, 07:39 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

if there was only a place to go and have fun again ?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by Mega-Hemi
I read every post. And it is not technical, which is what this thread is all about.
The thread is here because the situation that needed to be addressed is here. If there were no problems that warranted it then the thread would not have been needed.

The moderators' job is not to spoil your fun and make your lives miserable. We have to walk a line between keeping the sections on topic with tech knowledge and allowing some friendly banter which gives a section more of a community feeling.

If we were incredibly strict about anything non-technical we'd get a ton of complaints about over-moderation and being "****'s" as well as a good bit of people leaving because the site just wasn't enjoyable for them any more. If we went too far the other way there would be complaints of mods doing nothing and people leaving due to no useful info.

No human is perfect, not every single thread that should be moved will be, the vast majority of the time it is not favoritism but simply that the mod missed that thread or it was borderline and they didn't think it needed moving. Accidents can be made, they can also be corrected. This is why that rule is in place, PM the mod in question and talk to them about it (This does not mean PM the mod telling them they're a &#^@#&% moron and move it back, a reasonable level of civility is expected.). There is also the option to PM another mod or admin. If you just have a general idea for the forum there is a suggestions section.

Publicly abusing your section mods helps nobody, it doesn't help you get what you want and it certainly doesn't help the mod to do better. It does about as much good as coating the tires of your truck with motor oil, you wouldn't do that would you?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

well said. can you please close this thread? i (as well as several others) feel there isnt anything more to be said in this thread. I for one want to get back to how DF was when I joined 18 months ago... a great community without drama

Quick Reply: How about cutting the mods some slack?