3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Detailing and Cleaning
Print Wikipost

Bubble found in my paint :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Ironsleeve318
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bubble found in my paint :(

Went to get into my truck today and noticed it on the right hand side bottom corner of my drivers side window. About 3/4 inch long. It's lifted up and split right open. I've wanted to actually paint my truck for a while now just because I found myself bored with "Silver".

I spoke to a friend of mine and said he has had a few people have their insurance pay for a new paint job under "Sand Damage" claim. Pay the deductible and bam new paint job.

Anyone ever hear of this or have this problem? I have no problem doing this work myself but realized I'd be paying the same $500 in materials that I would spend on the deductible.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:07 PM
jake7
All Star

[quote=Ironsleeve318;2209146]I spoke to a friend of mine and said he has had a few people have their insurance pay for a new paint job under "Sand Damage" claim. Pay the deductible and bam new paint job.
quote]

hmmmm...interesting

Old 07-23-2010, 07:38 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bored with silver...

Old 07-24-2010, 01:17 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like you have a failry new truck. Chrysler has a factory paint warranty against defects. Depending on why te paint is "sliced" will determine what your warranty covers.
What corrosion warranty does my vehicle have?
A. Corrosion warranty covers any outer-body metal panel that gets holes from rust or other corrosion. The warranty has time and distance limits as follows;
" For sheet metal panels, the limit is 2 years with unlimited distance.
" For an outer-body sheet metal panel, one that is finished-painted and that can be seen when walking around the vehicle, the time limit is 7 years with unlimited distance.
The warranty does not cover cosmetic or surface corrosion resulting for example from stone chips, scratches or bird lime in the paint

Old 07-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Ironsleeve318
Professional

Yeah it's an 06'' I'm the only owner but I didn't buy the extended warranty that they offered for the body/paint. But I think the actual factory warranty is like 2 years/24k so I'm SOL. I'm really thinking of just painting it. But it won't be until the beginning of 2011 because all of my savings are going towards my car and SEMA in November.

I'll post anything if my insurance will cover it....that would be really awesome

And.... Sorry SilverBullet haha

Old 07-24-2010, 02:48 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironsleeve318
Yeah it's an 06'' I'm the only owner but I didn't buy the extended warranty that they offered for the body/paint. But I think the actual factory warranty is like 2 years/24k so I'm SOL. I'm really thinking of just painting it....
ummmm......
Originally Posted by dirtydog
" For an outer-body sheet metal panel, one that is finished-painted and that can be seen when walking around the vehicle, the time limit is 7 years with unlimited distance.
The warranty does not cover cosmetic or surface corrosion resulting for example from stone chips, scratches or bird lime in the paint
Pretty sure your covered as long as the dealer doesn't try to say you caused the bubble from you scoring te surface yourself, besides, insurance will only cover the repair of the one panel, not the entire truck. I think your being a bit optimistic if you think your only going to pull $500 out of pocket to paint your entire truck.

Last edited by dirtydog; 07-24-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Ironsleeve318
Professional

I priced it today and $550 for my total materials to paint it. Helps when you know people

Old 07-27-2010, 02:35 AM
06 RMK 900
Rookie

I have an 04 and have rust starting to bubble on my passanger side wheel well. I took it to the dealer and they said i'm **** out of luck no warrenty on it. Is the seven year thing just for the newer vehicles?

Quick Reply: Bubble found in my paint :(