3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2005 Ram, Broken lifters and cracked cylinder head

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 10:01 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

NEVER seen that before but anything is possible

THX for the pics though

Old 12-20-2010, 02:08 PM
bubbadah
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK here's the deal, the dealer tore the top end down and the other head is bad as well. Dodge agreed to replace both heads for $1450.00. When added to what I have paid for, we are looking at getting the truck out the door for $2000.00 plus tax. This is totally equitable, especially when you consider they didn't have to do a thing. A couple things that really helped, I have owned several dodge vehicles and I had almost all my service done at the dealer. I also wasn't an ***. The only bummer is one of the heads is on back order so it'll be New Years before it's done.

What will Dodge get for it? When I upgrade this truck I will buy a Hemi, although I may go for that new Durango instead of a truck. I will also continue to get my vehicles serviced by the dealer, I'd rather go there any way.

I am relatively young and will buy a lot of vehicles over my lifetime.

Can I mention the dealer and the lady's first name at Dodge Corporate or will that post get locked out?

Old 12-20-2010, 02:33 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

first name wont hurt. IDK if i would do contact info and last name in an open forum though.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:17 PM
bubbadah
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A final update on this matter. I got the truck back today. Dodge put two new heads, timing chains, rockers etc and the truck runs well. I ended up out the door for $2000.00, I feel pretty good about the whole deal. The truck has 73,000.00 miles on it. I hope to drive it another year or two and then go gor a new truck with a Hemi.

Just shows you can take your case to Dodge and they will try and work with you if you are reasonable.

As a result of this, I expect to continue using this dealer for all my service. I will also go to them when I buy the new truck. It was the Dodge Dealer in Roseville California.

Randy

Old 12-30-2010, 07:51 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

THX for the update

Quick Reply: 2005 Ram, Broken lifters and cracked cylinder head