3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 1500 heat problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 04:33 PM
jzdodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 1500 heat problem

i have a problem with my 03 1500 with the heat.... one the passenger side its blasting really hot air and the driver side its cold air. any suggestions to fix myself or where to even look are greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
jay

Old 01-13-2011, 05:59 PM
PyRoHAvoC
Professional

check out heatertreater.net ... i have the same problem ... just haven't taken the time to fix it

Old 01-13-2011, 06:48 PM
uponone
Rookie

I have a current thread going for what sounds like close to the same issue...although, neither side is "hot". Passenger side is warm and driver side is luke warm (less than warm). But neither sides are cold, and it 20degrees outside.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...t-problem.html

Another very helpful thread
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ats-wrong.html

Both the above threads also have good links within them...including a few step-by-step instuctions on how to remove the dash ect.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:18 PM
jzdodge

thanks for the suggestions guys... will let ya know the end result

Old 01-14-2011, 04:20 PM
myoukey
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just started having the same problem with mine. Blasting hot on the passenger side, cool air on the driver side. Let me know what you figure out. I will post as soon as I solve my issue.

2002 1500 QC 4.7 Sport

Old 01-15-2011, 07:57 PM
MD87
Rookie

I have the same problem when i looked it up i turned out to be a blend is broken and letting cold air through. Apparently you can replace just that part but i couldn't find a way to do it without pulling the heater core out and dissasimble it so i haven't done it yet and i figured since a new heater core is only like $70 i would just replace the whole thing while it was out.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:42 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Make sure you take some pics for us while you have it all out. Doing a DIY or How To would be great also

Old 01-22-2011, 06:19 PM
myoukey
Amateur
Default not a blend door

pulled the dash and checked all the blend and mode doors. Everything mechanical is working just fine. Still does not heat drivers side air though. I am going to flush the system a few times and see if that does anything. I will let y'all know how that works out for me. In the meantime does anyone else have any other ideas???

I did take a number of process pictures and will post them when I download my memory card from my camera.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:57 PM
myoukey
Amateur
Default solved

So, I ran a store bought chemical flush through the system with no real improvement. Next I pulled the hose off the reservoir and stuffed one end of a garden hose in it, clamped one side of the tee to force all water to go through the heater core and disconnected the other hose coming out of the core. I turned on the hose made sure it was draining properly and walked away. 30 minutes later I put it all back together and ran a second store bought chemical flush and did the garden hose thing again. This time I only disconnected the hose from the reservoir and stuffed the garden hose into it again. I clamped the tee again and opened the drain plug on the radiator. ran water through it for another 30 minutes.

Heats better than new now! Second time was the winner.

just in time. Got a snow storm heading this way and freezing rain last night. Me? Toasty warm once again.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:33 PM
JonnyBlaze420
Professional

I havent gotten mine squared away yet.Luckily the heat is hot enough on the passenger side to keep me warm. My blend doors are fine, already checked. Flushed the heater core last fall, one hose was cold and one was too hot to touch. I think Ima haveto flush it again in the spring.

Quick Reply: 2003 1500 heat problem