3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bullsh_t posts

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 12:00 PM
rambob
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bullsh_t posts

I wat to stat out by saying I like the Dodge ram as a full sized truck. I own a 04 reg cab 1500 2wd 4.7. It's a good truck for what it is, a truck. I keep seeing these posts about how the hemi's are so fast, and how Dodge's are so much better than any other brand.
Well with out ever driving a hemi and just by seing the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times in magazine adds, the hemi 1/2 ton 2wd qc won't out run a chevy or a titan w/ the 5.3 or the 5.6. I'm talking bone stock comparable trucks. The Dodges are just too heavy because thay're built so well. They have fully boxed frame rails, which makes them heavy. And, withe the 20" boat anchor wheels thay are even heavier.
Same with the Fords even worse. I would luv to see a hemi run a chevy or titan at the strip (again bone stock comparable trucks). And just because you pased some guy on the street or pulled him at a stop light doesn't mean he was racing you.

Old 06-29-2005, 12:33 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bullsh_t posts

I'll agree that the titan will beat the Ram Hemi QC in acceleration, but the chevy?????? Can you link the data you're talking about?

Old 06-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Hemi_Chris
Professional

I have yet to race a Titan, but the Chevy's ain't all that. My friend bought an 04 Chebby and I've ridden in it. He played around a little from a stoplight and the truck doesn't feel like it's got any more acceleration than my '03 Hemi. I bet I could take him.

I will say this, though. If we're going to compare stock trucks straight up, the Hemi has sooooo much more potential than that Japanese V8 in the Titan, what with all the thousands of aftermarket go-fast goodies coming out by American manufacturers. I'm sure there are some mods out for the Titan V8 now, but I'd be surprised if there were blowers, programmers, etc (I'd have to check this out). Plus, as you pointed out, the Dodge is a much more solid vehicle period. It seems like Nissan went all out with their power-to-weight ratio with the Titan just to attract young buyers but they neglected to build anything else up in that truck! It's a clunker!

Chevy has always made a nice truck, and their small blocks have been around for generations, so they deserve some props.

But I'll still take my bada** HEMI anyday!

Old 06-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Avanti
Captain

Well, at least you know up-front what the bias is here and you can take it with the size "grain of salt" necessary!

Old 06-29-2005, 10:57 PM
moparturd
Banned

I thought I was being fair.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:01 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

It seems like Nissan went all out with their power-to-weight ratio with the Titan just to attract young buyers but they neglected to build anything else up in that truck! It's a clunker!
Clunker? Ha. I'm a fan of the Ram but the Titan's are smooth riding quiet trucks. I'd imagine that the Ram does offer more stuff to go along with it too.

-Matt-

Old 06-29-2005, 11:04 PM
moparturd
Banned

He must people who have said the opposite.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:02 AM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

PFTT!!

i ran against a Ford Desiel, and i still ownd his ***, he got a 17.2 i ran a 16.3 on my hemi

i raced my friend gmc, i was atleast a half a truck length on him.

and my truck is a quad cab.. the RC shud run around 15.8 1/4

and 15 seconds imo is pretty good for a TRUCK that rolls on boat ancors.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:18 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

I would luv to see a hemi run a chevy or titan at the strip
OK check here for some time slips. Draw your own conclusion.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:21 PM
Hemi_Chris
Professional

ORIGINAL: Viper-GTS
Clunker? Ha. I'm a fan of the Ram but the Titan's are smooth riding quiet trucks. I'd imagine that the Ram does offer more stuff to go along with it too.
I based that comment on reading in many places how Nissan equips their Titan trucks with undersized brakes, inadequate rear diff's, and others.

There was a link here a while back to a Titan forum that was very eye-opening.

Quick Reply: Bullsh_t posts