3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What is your age??????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 02:08 PM
IronWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is your age??????????

Agree Chet...

Personally, it doesn't matter what your preference is...performance or looks....if it's a dodge then I want to hear about it. I just turned 31, former military(Army Airborne), IT Manager now.

Pushing an Flame Red 05 HEMI Quad Cab.

HIT IT!

Old 08-03-2005, 03:26 PM
JuStMe05QuAd

I will be 27 in December. I did not see your origional post, so Im not sure what happened

Old 08-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Phatboy
Professional

I am 30, a network administrator, and I am picking up my 6th Ram this afternoon. I got a sweet deal on an 05 1500 QC Hemi SLT 4x4. Never been in the service but I am an industrial fire fighter (trained at A&M to make it official). Got a wife, 2 kids -girl 8, and boy 5. Dont get to play golf as much as I used to but hey I get to go every now and then.

Only 35 more years till retirement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. Just kidding. I will be retired before that. I might be broke but retired.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:36 PM
1SlowFormula
Professional

As it appears everyone pointed out that people in general are different, as is their outlook on vehicles, I will pass. But if just read my posts and you can determine my views, I don't usually hold them back...

I assume the original post was edited for a good reason, so we won't get into that... But we (my future wife and I) just bought the truck. This is the first expensive vehicle we have owned...

I am 28, and spent 2 yrs struggling through school trying to pay for it myself, 4 Yrs serving my country, and another few years finishing up school. Considering all this, I feel I got a late start in the civilian working world... I put myself through school by doing construction work prior to and after military service, for some of you guys that come from money; it's tough work (military and construction)...
My fiancé who actually for the most part bought the truck, is 26 (27 next month), and has been working a good job since she has gotten out of college and with saving for our future (weddings are expensive BTW) we finally have been able to upgrade her car, from an beat-up base model car that was the only thing we could afford, to this truck...

But this in itself is an outlook on vehicles, we could have probably been able to afford more but we like to save for the future, and worry about how the bills are paid... I know guys that either still live at home to afford nice cars, or put a second mortgage on their homes to pay for a paint job, but I can't/won't live like that.. I have been slowly building up my Firebird, just because of this outlook.

OK as you could tell I couldn't pass on speaking my mind, OH well, take it for what it is...

Old 08-03-2005, 09:46 PM
locked up
Professional

I'm 29 ... and I think I missed the "good stuff" from the beginning of this post ...

Not sure about everyone else, but I like my truck to function AND look good... course we are all going to have different opinions on what looks good but ...

My last vehicle was a 2000 Jeep Cherokee completely decked out for off roading, that I beat on pretty hard ... but it still looked good (If you like that sort of thing). That was replaced with my Ram which I intend on using to tow the 85 BII I got as a trail rig ... which currently is ugly as hell as well as being completely non functional

Old 08-03-2005, 10:48 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The original post was erased.

I'm 54, been 1/4 mile racing for over 30 something years.

Had a '69 Motion Performance Camaro that ran low 11's with 4.88's, 4 speed, 454.

Had a 10 second gocart that ran 10.99. ***** 3/4 inches off the ground.

You can see pics of the cart on dodgetruckworld.com in my gallery.

Still play with my bud with his Camaro. Ran a 8.37, but toned it down.

Now it is legal on the street in Staten Island, NY. Only 857 crand HP so its contollable.

I did'nt get a chance to update the website, but go to

www.hotrodmechanic.net

Old 08-04-2005, 03:05 AM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 1SlowFormula

I am 28, and spent 2 yrs struggling through school trying to pay for it myself, 4 Yrs serving my country, and another few years finishing up school. Considering all this, I feel I got a late start in the civilian working world... I put myself through school by doing construction work prior to and after military service, for some of you guys that come from money; it's tough work (military and construction)...

Hey man, we are almost one in the same. I put my work belt on to pay for college. I also have yet to finish college. The ironic thing is that I wear my belt full time now and college became something extra. I was gonna do the ROTC program too, but did not. Regrets. Hey, thanks for serving!

Old 08-04-2005, 02:25 PM
rob_net
Rookie

I am 35, a Project Manager (construction), from mexico

Old 08-04-2005, 05:36 PM
BeasTA

I'm 19 from san antonio, Im out at UTSA majoring in mechanical engineering. I just bought this truck as my daily driver so i could work on my real toy, the 95 trans am. Workin full time and schoolin' full time. Barley have time to work on them anymore, but i try.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

I'll be 64 in October. A former Marine. My first Dodge was a 66 Charger. It was a Hemi too.