3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front door adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 05:45 PM
detroitss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front door adjustment

2008 1500 hemi qc. I have door wind noise on freeway. How do you adjust them or bend them to get them sealed. Please any info would be great or pics. Weather strips are good and not cut.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:27 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the door align with the a-pillar, front fender and rear door? If so, you might want to look elsewhere for a fix. Can you slip something (long narrow plastic strip or similar) under the weather stripping to make it a tiny bit thicker?

Old 12-09-2011, 10:27 AM
detroitss

Doors lineup just fine. When I am on the freeway and going 80MPH or so I can hear the wind push the door away from the frame and make a wind noise. I can do the same by pushing the door out from the inside and same noise comes in.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:53 PM
MoparPaul
Veteran

I just adjusted mine by moving the latch inward ever so slightly with a torx socket wrench (I believe 1/4"). My front door did not sit flush with the back door compared to the passenger side before I did this and now the wind noise is minimal.

Also they sell updated thicker replacement gaskets at the dealership if this doesn't remedy your problem 30 bucks or so...

or you can turn up the radio.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:31 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

I was thinking maybe the latch bar needed an adjustment.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:52 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

My noise comes from the Vent shades that I added. I have seen where bodyshops will bend the top of the door in a bit to help it seal.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:18 PM
shelbymopar89
Veteran

My 03 has no adjustment, so I used the old timers method. Roll the window down, set on the seat with your door open and place one foot just above the rear lock on the door frame. Last step, pull. It sounds redneck but was/is a common fix at the dealership. And it works. The door is not always out of adjustment, if it lines up flush with the front of the rear than the top is sprung, a little pull works wonders! Keep tweaking till a dollar bill has a decent amount of drag between the seal and the door frame.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:18 PM
jdpartsman
Professional

My truck only does it when it's very windy, really doesn't matter how fast I drive.

Also, my drivers side door is tearing a hole in the weatherstrip. Is this normal? I would be interested in the better door seals if my door didn't chew them up.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Kscha41
Professional

Originally Posted by jdpartsman
Also, my drivers side door is tearing a hole in the weatherstrip. Is this normal? I would be interested in the better door seals if my door didn't chew them up.

Where is it tearing a hole? Down by the bottom of the windshield? If yes, mine did the same thing and I got a new one from the dealer for I think 15 dollars and the new seal is revised so the door no longer rubs on it when you open the door.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:02 PM
jdpartsman
Professional

Yes....at the bottom of windshield.

Quick Reply: Front door adjustment