3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck just failed inspection...advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 AM
motorider228
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willdikem66
Dang and i thought emissions was the devil down here in Texas but it seems the put yalls trucks through everything far and in between.
How is your E Brake pulling to the left?

It is probably not adjusted properly. When rear rotors are removed you have to loosen the tension on the E-brake. After the rotors are swapped out you have to set the adjustment again. It is difficult to get right because there are no reference points or anything. I'm sure my E-brake is out of adjustment for that reason. It still holds strong though so I could care less.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:01 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker

Oh ok. Simple enough

Old 09-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Bigboytoys
Professional

Thanks for the replies guys...As far as the oil leak goes, I am gonna check it Saturday....Wife told me to just spray it down and clean it and take it back thru inspection once the other stuff is fixed. As far as the rear brakes go, when you get your vehicle inspected, they roll it onto a dyno looking system with two rollers per side...the rollers start turning and the inspector stomps the brakes....A display is usually mounted in the front of the inspection bay to tell him what the values for each side are. I have been talking to some other people, and it seems like this guy is a dick when it comes to checking the e-brakes on cars. One person told me that he had just picked his car up from the post dealership, and the inspector failed the parking brake....

Old 09-13-2012, 04:14 PM
colbyj1986
Professional

Originally Posted by Bigboytoys
Thanks for the replies guys...As far as the oil leak goes, I am gonna check it Saturday....Wife told me to just spray it down and clean it and take it back thru inspection once the other stuff is fixed. As far as the rear brakes go, when you get your vehicle inspected, they roll it onto a dyno looking system with two rollers per side...the rollers start turning and the inspector stomps the brakes....A display is usually mounted in the front of the inspection bay to tell him what the values for each side are. I have been talking to some other people, and it seems like this guy is a dick when it comes to checking the e-brakes on cars. One person told me that he had just picked his car up from the post dealership, and the inspector failed the parking brake....

Sounds like he is pissed off at someone.

So glad for inspection we don't have anything to go through like that.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM
motorider228
Champion

Is this just an Army thing? I'm in the Air Force and used to be stationed in Italy, and although we had a fairly in depth inspection, it was NO WHERE near that precise.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:33 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker

Thanks to the Veterans BTW!

And im with Motorider that is one extensive inspection, every 2/3 cars wouldnt pass here lol!

and cleaning the oil spot is good hopefully it wont come back

Old 09-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Bigboytoys
Professional

Moto-Ya, I think it is just a USAEUR thing. Of course when were you stationed in Italy? We have now gone to the standard EU license plates, that do not say U.S. on them. With out knowing the difference there is no visual distinction between a USFOR plate and a EU plate.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:13 AM
motorider228
Champion

Moto-Ya, I think it is just a USAEUR thing. Of course when were you stationed in Italy? We have now gone to the standard EU license plates, that do not say U.S. on them. With out knowing the difference there is no visual distinction between a USFOR plate and a EU plate.
I just PCSd out of Italy last month. We had the Italian, Euro plates as well. Our annual inspection consisted of all the usuals, (wipers, horn, all lights, fluid levels) it also consisted of a parking brake check where we set the parking brake and simply tried to drive through it. They also did a visual inspection of the underbody which consisted of brake pads, leaks, etc. No crazy *** dyno pulls though haha.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Bigboytoys
Professional

Pretty much same inspection then....expect the Germans are ****...

Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 PM
motorider228
Champion

Pretty much same inspection then....expect the Germans are ****...
Ours is done by enlisted vehicle maintainers, not local nationals. That must be the major difference.

Quick Reply: Truck just failed inspection...advice needed