3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P0733 P0734 P0735 - Yikes!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012 | 10:18 PM
barksatbirds
|
Amateur

I don't know if they did aquick learn or not.
There is no mention of it on the work order, but it's pretty brief to begin with.

The shop is closed all this week inexplicably, is this something that i can do, or is it a pcm/programming thing?

Old 11-14-2012 | 09:03 AM
Izero
Champion

Time for you to find a new more responsive/reputable dealership to bring your truck to.

I would call ahead and ask for the SERVICE MANAGER before you go, that way you will have time set aside just for you and you can explain what is going on.

Also print out and bring with you any/all Technical Service Bulletins that apply to this problem for your year and model truck... That way you come with your guns loaded and can discuss what your problem is.

A lot of service managers take offense when you "tell them how to fix something [do their job]" so you must use that type of talk as a LAST RESORT if they aren't being responsive to you, or if they try to jerk you around. You are there to simply tell them what your problem is, and give them a little white lie like "I called Dodge Corporate Service Support and they told me that these [hand TSB's to service manager] might be the issue, and that I should call back if the dealer's service department couldn't find the procedure on the TSB."

That is how I would personally handle the situation, and I'd play a little "stupid" at first but give them a hint that I do know a decent amount about what I am talking about...

That is my advice to you.

Oh and to answer your question, Unless you have the $3,000 StarScan tool in your garage and a step by step procedure to erase and reprogram your PCM then the answer is; No, you cannot do it yourself here.

Old 03-02-2013 | 05:14 PM
Busdriver9
Professional

Just curios if you ever got this figured out? I have the same thing going on with mine right now. I also got P0869 & P0868 codes, but seems to be the same physical symptoms as you described!

Old 03-03-2013 | 02:27 PM
barksatbirds
|
Amateur

Originally Posted by Busdriver9
Just curios if you ever got this figured out? I have the same thing going on with mine right now. I also got P0869 & P0868 codes, but seems to be the same physical symptoms as you described!
I am on my third transmission at this point, the first replacement died with identical symptoms.

I am no expert on these things, but the two codes you listed are transmission fluid pressure too high and transmission fluid pressure too low. Unless you have been adding/removing fluid you probably have a sensor/computer issue.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with a good course of troubleshooting steps for you.

Good luck.

Old 03-04-2013 | 09:58 AM
Izero
Champion

We noted that there are TSB's regarding the issues that he was having... What was the outcome on them?

Did you go back to the same dealer? or did you find another one?

Old 03-27-2015 | 02:32 AM
Firzex

Having same problem. Anybody resolved?

I'm interested in case of this

Quick Reply: P0733 P0734 P0735 - Yikes!