3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 Ram starting issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 09:23 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Might be time to have a chat with the dodge dealer....... I would expect that given your odd symptoms, they have likely seen it before...... Yeah, I know, they are hideously expensive.......

Old 01-05-2018, 10:41 AM
therockdog
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Might be time to have a chat with the dodge dealer....... I would expect that given your odd symptoms, they have likely seen it before...... Yeah, I know, they are hideously expensive.......
Yeah i just messaged my mechanic Facebook he told me to do a drop test on it and i told him i am going to pull the new starter off because the symptoms changed after my son installed it i will let you know what i find this evening after i do that. thank you again for your in-put.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:43 PM
therockdog
Rookie

Starter is good had it tested. the old starter did test bad. when my son pulled the new starter back off so i could have it tested he said the battery wire and the ignition wire that go to the starter look like they arched or fused together a little bit. so I'm still guessing here and going out on a limb that there may be a short somewhere? because as i said the starter tested good when you turn the key to start you hear it click (pushing the starter out to start then nothing besides the lights on the dash drive line light up looks like it's in every gear at once. then the check engine light blinks ten time an stays on. you have to disconnect the battery to reset the system to get it to try to start again.

I'm at a loss!

Old 01-07-2018, 10:47 PM
therockdog
Rookie

ok screw i give up. i even put a new ignition switch module in it and it still doesn't start still doing the same thing. so i'm sending it to my mechanic tomorrow. i did a drop test from the battery to the starter and only had a -0.16 discharge.

Old 01-17-2018, 04:24 PM
therockdog
Rookie

Well it is finally fixed! it was a grounding issue on the block!!!!!! only took two weeks to freakin find it

Quick Reply: 06 Ram starting issue