3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

abs and brake light on dash

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 08:44 PM
petit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs and brake light on dash

I have a 2006 dodge 3500 four wheel drive my problem is for some reason my abs brake light on my dash comes on for no apparent reason I checked brake fluid its good. when I shut off the ignition then crank it up light goes off it might stay off a couple of weeks or more then while your driving it just comes on. I have not taken it to autozone to check for codes any other ideas?

Old 06-17-2019, 09:05 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Either a sensor or the main unit malfunction, hope for a sensor. Have someone with the right tool get you the codes.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:09 PM
petit
Default Sensor

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
Either a sensor or the main unit malfunction, hope for a sensor. Have someone with the right tool get you the codes.
Where would the sensor be located?

Old 06-17-2019, 09:13 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by petit
Where would the sensor be located?
Generally 4 wheel setups require wheel speed sensors both front and rear. Probably each hub up front, and one indexing the tone ring out back. Codes will tell you what is happening, better than throwing parts at it.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:33 PM
petit
Default abs and brake light

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
Generally 4 wheel setups require wheel speed sensors both front and rear. Probably each hub up front, and one indexing the tone ring out back. Codes will tell you what is happening, better than throwing parts at it.
thanks for the information, question ,this morning I replaced the abs 25 amp fuse the old one looked a little corroded it wasn't blown but I changed it anyway drove to work with cruise on ,light never came on, on my way home did the same thing cruise was on then light came on but cruise never kicked off it stayed on 70. my question is if my brake pads were getting thin would it also make light come on? I changed the rear pads when I had my tires rotated I saw where they were getting thin but I haven't changed the front. what do you think? I was going to autozone in the morning they said they can hook up a scanner to see what codes are there.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:08 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Thin pads shouldn't cause an issue. (provided there is still some pad material left.....) Read the codes, see what its whining about. Take it from there.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:14 PM
petit
Default abs light

went and got code it is c101c right front sensor signal irregular disconnected connector cleaned connections and checked harness for cracks wrapped electrical tape around connector account condensation from air conditioner was getting on it. look on line and it said about tires air pressure not the same will check in morning when cooled down. see what happens tomorrow when i leave work.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:00 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker

Probably can buy just the sensor, I use RockAuto alot - they tend to have more selection than your local chain. That area takes alot of abuse from the road, doubt tape is going to last and if the wire is already corroding - the tape isn't going to help much.

Good luck!

Old 08-17-2019, 01:03 PM
petit
Default abs light

sorry i hadn't gotten back to you but after i wrap tape around wire and put my ac on recirculate my light never came on in close to a month, but when i turned my ac to get air from outside and the condensation started to poor out my abs light came back on when i got home i took apart connection and cleaned it then redirected condensation by putting a hose to the pipe and made it pour straight to ground now condensation is not getting on connection so far light is staying off. this was about a week ago now my a/c compressor quick working fuses are good but can't check pressure because compressor won't engage any ideas or do i need to start another post?

Old 08-17-2019, 03:54 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

If you have gauges, put 'em on there, and see if the pressure is high enough for the compressor to engage.

Quick Reply: abs and brake light on dash