3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Laredo w/'suck ass' Infinity Stereo?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 01:24 PM
toddbuckles
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Laredo w/'suck ***' Infinity Stereo?!

Late reply to this thread, but maybe it can help someone.

You should be pleasantly surprised by a change of speakers. Look for efficient, 4 ohm speakers. I like JL Audio Evolution. Depending on model, they run from about $200 a pair to about $400 a pair for 6". Highly efficient, 4 ohm and handle about 50W continuous. Being JL Audio, this is a true 50W, but it should be clean 50. As others have stated, your only going to get about 15W clean out of the stock infinity amp, so don't expect miracles, but the sound difference is surprising. I too am a firm beleiver in dynamat.

HTH

TB

Old 08-30-2006, 02:42 PM
nash1970
Professional

I don't have the Infinity system but I like the stock head unit because it looks good and works good so I am going to replace all the speakers with " Infinity referance " and add an amp to push them I"m going to use an Audio Control LC6i to interface between the head unit and the amp this is also an eq . Subs to come later .

Old 09-02-2006, 01:40 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad I did not get the infinity system, the base cd/radio sound quality is garbage, I do use the aux input a lot, for my mp3's...
when I replace the oem radio, I'm going to have two holes in the dash board, the tuner **** and volume ****, I will gain a little room under the aftermarket deck, a lot smaller than the oem deck...

Old 09-03-2006, 12:24 PM
vwomein
Professional

anybody have an infinity 6 disc in dash you want to get rid of?

Old 09-03-2006, 04:34 PM
SoCool

I have the "Stock System" in my '05 ram quad. I have an upgraded head unit, RBQ w/6 cd integrated and Mopar Sirius module. I replaced all speakers with Infinity 6x9's in the front and 5 1/4 in the rear. I added two 3 1/2 in the upper instrument panel. Added a 4 channel Infinity amp and also added an Infinity Basslink. The sound is great. Very loud, bass is good. I am sure I could have better EQ with a fancier head unit. All in all it is a good sound system. One thing I am not pleased with is the Mopar Sirius radio module added to the head unit. I thought the sound quality would be a lot better. Mostly it sounds as if the music is being "piped into the truck". Had hoped for better. Next time I will go for a new head unit with Sirius "Built-in". Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Laredo w/'suck ass' Infinity Stereo?!