3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2005 Power Steering High Pressure Hose electrical switch

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM
kemcroy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Power Steering High Pressure Hose electrical switch

I have a 2005 Ram 1500 4 x 4 Automatic (5.7 Hemi). I went to replace the high pressure line in my power steering but the part I received does not have a spot for the electrical switch. I ordered it from Rock Auto but did not pay attention to the picture before I ordered it. The hose I received fits but does not have the spot to screw in the electrical switch. Going back through the rock auto site the hoses listed that show a spot for the switch are the hoses if you have hydro boost brakes. I do not have that.

So, is the switch not necessary and not included in replacement parts or do I need to see if I can find one somewhere else that does have the spot to have the switch included?

Thanks for any information on this.

Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,363 Likes on 3,105 Posts

Computer likely is going to want that sensor...... This is the number I come up with: 52113541AF... I don't know what its supposed to look like, but, it shows that line for almost every gas engine.....

Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM
kemcroy

Looks like I will have to get it from the dealer. All the other places I look show it without the sensor spot unless it has the hydro boost.

Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,363 Likes on 3,105 Posts

Originally Posted by kemcroy
Looks like I will have to get it from the dealer. All the other places I look show it without the sensor spot unless it has the hydro boost.
Does that line not have the fitting??

Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM
kemcroy

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Does that line not have the fitting??
The one you posted does have the fitting. When I google the part number it shows it is for a 2002-2003.

When I go to rockauto and search a 2002 to 2003 it shows the part with a fitting too.

About to get VIN and verify everything. Either there are mistakes in parts and years with parts stores or my truck is a different year then I bought it as

Quick Reply: 2005 Power Steering High Pressure Hose electrical switch