3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bed Tonneau covers - whats the best roll top cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 07:44 PM
boyd98
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed Tonneau covers - whats the best roll top cover

I think I like the look ofa hard top bed cover the best but the functionality of a roll-top better.

Anyone give me some recommendations on a roll top cover and what the prices are

Looking at this website - not sure

http://www.pace-edwards.com/fullmetal_jr.asp

OR

How hard is it to take your hard Tonneau cover off -

Old 02-16-2006, 05:51 PM
RESQTK
Default RE: Bed Tonneau covers - whats the best roll top cover

Swapped my Dakota for a Ram. I had vinyl on the Dakota and have the same wishes as you. One of my buddies suggested checking out this site: www.peragon.com. Seems to be a better price than the PE and it is more of what I was looking for, plus you can remove it at any time if you need the whole bed.

Old 02-16-2006, 06:04 PM
REVTECHss

Had the hard fiberglass by ARE on our '01. I absolutley hated everything but its looks. Nothing worse than having a nice truck, and when your own mother asks you to help move something, you can't cause it won't fit with the cover !![:@] When I went to take it off its a royal pain in the ***, you need 2 people, and where do you keep it without worrying about it getting scratched up. Then puttin it back on and lining it up is an even bigger pain. Point is if you want a show queen hard is the way to go, if you need your truck to be a truck, go with the roll-up. (End rant here )

Anyway i just chose the Access from www.agricover.com Has some nice features like the tensioning and lock and is easy to roll up and back down in no time. Can be had for around $350 if you shop around. Looked at the semi-hard roll-up like you mentioned but liked the "rugged" sort of look of the traditional vinyl top. Guess it all comes down to what looks good to you.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:16 AM
dodge4towin

I've been spending a lot to time trying to decide the same thing. I think I'm going to go with the Access Lorado - basically the same thing as the Access Roll-up but a little more low profile. I'll need as much access to my truck box as possible and the roll-up tonneau covers seem to fit that the best. The hard roll-up covers do look nice, just don't fit my needs.

Here's where I plan to order my cover from:

http://www.truckalterations.com/html/access.html

Lowest price I've been able to find.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:59 PM
AeroRam
Rookie

My friend has a BAK Rollbak on his Dakota. I've looked at them myself for my Ram. They are the cheapest ones you can get. His works great and is really strong. I bet that I could jump up and down on top of it with no ill effects. If I were to buy a hard rolltop tonneau cover (and I would like to one day) I would get the BAK Rollbak.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:27 PM
bmxox
Professional

I have a tonneau masters soft roll up and love it, no snaps, easy installation and can be rolled up or back down in like 5 seconds, its great. definitely reccomend.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:23 AM
Offroad Hemi
Rookie

Truxedo makes a few different models, one of which you can use with a truck box.

Old 02-26-2006, 12:30 PM
lesclifton

I bought an EXTANG rollup cover for my 04 Ram QC 1500, and I tell ya....it works and looks great. It was easy to put on, and easy to roll up if needed and with all the rain and snow we have had here, no leaks. They also have amodel to work with toolboxes. I can send a pic to show you if ya want, let me know. I got mine on sale during christmas, original price was 209 and I got for 169 and free shipping. It also has settings for winter and summer for easier install.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:18 PM
mill500
Veteran

I agree that the hard tops look good, but aren't very practical if you haul much.

I've got the Truxedo Lo Profile roll up and am very pleased with it. It has a tension control, good velcro so you don't have to mess with snaps and the cross members are attached to the top so they aren't rolling around the bed when you roll it up. There are cheaper ones out there but this one is good quality.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Stylin

I'm a big fan of the Truxedo. They make a low pro cover with a built in toolbox thats the same hight as the cover so it looks like one peice.

Quick Reply: Bed Tonneau covers - whats the best roll top cover