3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stop The Odometer Must Read!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 11:05 PM
BigRigTruckin66
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stop The Odometer Must Read!!!!!

Well, I think y'all drove him off the site. I know in the good ol' days you could stop the odometer, but you'll screw other people if you do that. I hate it when you buy used and get ripped off because some retard thought it would be a good idea to rip off another. I say this to all who try to stop there odometer.

DON'T DO IT!!

Holy crap, I know it pisses you all off and it does me to, please madman, post stuff on problems, don't give us this bull. I like to here from others, but when it comes to this, this ain't helpin' others.

-BigRig

P.S., that was my nicest way of sayin' it. So like it!

Old 02-17-2006, 01:07 PM
AeroRam
Rookie

ORIGINAL: BigRigTruckin66

Well, I think y'all drove him off the site.
Good. I can't stand dishonest people like that and I don't want them hanging around here.

I buy used vehicles because in the long run they are cheaper since you lose alot of the value of a vehicle in the first 2-3 years of use. This kind of crap puts an extra burden on my to always approach each vehicle with a good price expecting some dishonesty from the seller.

People like this guy that have turned this once honest, hard working country into a land of swindlers and cheats. It's f***tards like this who have made it to where you can't trust anyone these days.

Old 02-17-2006, 02:30 PM
tazassape
Amateur

I read madman's post several times and can't see what got everone's bowels in an uproar. He never said he was going to try and cheat anyone, he just wanted to know if it worked.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:08 PM
prerunner
Captain

The fact that he tried and didn't get it to work was enuf for me.

Old 02-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Hemimadman06
Rookie

Yea no one drove me off the site. Im sorry if im not a broke a$$ like most of you that have to buy used cars that have been messed with. i buy brand new. mabye one of you will be lucky enough to buy my truck that only has a few miles on the computer. and it is not made up. and for the one whose dad disconnected the ipc is an idiot, you disconnect the wires from the rear diff. i am sorry i was under the impression that this dodge forum was here so people could ask decent questions. but i guess all you jobless toothless 2wd 4.7l ram drivers that cant afford the 5.7's think otherwise. Thanks for the info guys. "madman" ps. It was just a question thank for all being a$$es to a question. and no im not driving gm down the drian im fixing hummers to get them out

Old 02-18-2006, 08:46 AM
abarmby
Champion

ORIGINAL: Hemimadman06

Yea no one drove me off the site. Im sorry if im not a broke a$$ like most of you that have to buy used cars that have been messed with. i buy brand new. mabye one of you will be lucky enough to buy my truck that only has a few miles on the computer. and it is not made up. and for the one whose dad disconnected the ipc is an idiot, you disconnect the wires from the rear diff. i am sorry i was under the impression that this dodge forum was here so people could ask decent questions. but i guess all you jobless toothless 2wd 4.7l ram drivers that cant afford the 5.7's think otherwise. Thanks for the info guys. "madman" ps. It was just a question thank for all being a$$es to a question. and no im not driving gm down the drian im fixing hummers to get them out

DodgeForum IS here for people to ask "decent questions" .................NOT stupid ones like the one you posted, which if given an answer, only serve to encourage the pond life out there to do such stuff !!!!!!!!! [sm=badidea.gif][sm=boosign.gif][sm=boink3.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=forgetit.gif][sm=GrowUp.gif][sm=guilty.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=loser.gif][sm=nothatway.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=closed.gif] he he he[sm=laughat.gif]

Old 02-18-2006, 11:22 AM
dpfolie

There is absolutely no advantage to stopping your odometer except to cheat the next buyer. I agree that people should be pissed off by someone asking this question.

The guy who pulled the fuse on his lease vehicle didn't just rip off the manufacturer but screwed over the next owner.

Old 02-19-2006, 04:55 AM
BigRigTruckin66
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Hemimadman06

Well maybe you should go buy a brand new mercedes benz SUV if you're that rich then. Sorry if we hurt your feelin's, I got a box of tissues under my dead rat collection in the back of my truck if you need 'em.

I'm sorry, I tried to post decent and you had to get your panties in a bunch. I guess that's what drivin' a GM does to ya. If your talkin' about my stop the odometer post, he didn't actually do it, just was explainin' how far engine technology has come. If you want to stop the odometer, you'd have to do somethin' crazy like rip out the ECU, but then your truck ain't runnin'. If you're so rich, then you don't need to worry about resale.

-BigRig

Old 02-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Stillborn
Veteran

I agree with the members on this one, knowledge of how to cheat the odometer should not be public, they do have a point madman. Even if you can afford to buy new vehicles, not everyone can and it's just not something they'd feel comfortable doing if they knew almost everyone knew how to cheat the odometer, and I'm glad your fixing Hummer, if you want a hint: Scrap the H2 and H3. You'll find that most guys [and a few girls] on this site are very helpful, if you ask legit questions, that they feel wont screw someone else over, when you sell your truck.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Hemimadman06
Rookie

Man, why is everyone taking so much offense to my post. i never said that i did it or was going to do it, i just asked a question if anyone know if it worked. im not trying to be a pri*k but it lie im getting attacked by everyone for asking a question. i guess i wont ask any questions on here. and BIGRIG True that i agree the h2 and h3 should be let go, but we also own Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Lamborghini, Bugatti, ANd Spyker so it's all good. Sorry For the Tension ON My part Everyone Im trying To Restore The Peace ON This FOrum. "Madman"

Quick Reply: Stop The Odometer Must Read!!!!!