3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stop The Odometer Must Read!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Stillborn
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stop The Odometer Must Read!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Hemimadman06

Man, why is everyone taking so much offense to my post. i never said that i did it or was going to do it, i just asked a question if anyone know if it worked. im not trying to be a pri*k but it lie im getting attacked by everyone for asking a question. i guess i wont ask any questions on here. and BIGRIG True that i agree the h2 and h3 should be let go, but we also own Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Lamborghini, Bugatti, ANd Spyker so it's all good. Sorry For the Tension ON My part Everyone Im trying To Restore The Peace ON This FOrum. "Madman"

GM owns Lambo and Bugatti? I didn't know that. I wasnt trying to be offensive, and I appologize if I came off that way. I was just trying to make you see the point of why everyone wouldnt want people to know how to stop the odometer. They should have been a bit nicer about it though..

Old 02-20-2006, 01:48 AM
BigRigTruckin66
Veteran

I agree with stillborn on this one madman. I don't want you to get over pissed and stuff like that. I also never said that you WERE gonna do that. Now I kinda see that as braggin' to say you got money to spend freely were others don't. I'd just say that you should think this through first. If you turn the key back half a click, what'd ya think that'll do?

Old 02-20-2006, 10:48 AM
stump_breaker
Captain

but i guess all you jobless toothless 2wd 4.7l ram drivers that cant afford the 5.7's think otherwise.
Hmmm, I have a great job and all my teeth are in fantastic shape - well excluding the one with the crown but it's fine now, thanks for being concerned - and I drive the 4.7.

You really need to watch your general comments or us ones who thought you got unfairly ripped - although you did leave yourself open with the generality of the question and it did appear you were looking to cheat someone down the line - might decide to change our opinions.

As said before, with all the new computers there is no way around the odometer. Big Brother is watching...........always watching and recording everything. Don't believe me? One word (applies to GM) - Onstar.

Old 02-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Hemimadman06
Rookie

Stillborn, No Gm doesnt own Lambo And Bugatti, Vw does. But david fischer ceo of the suburban collection owns the lambo and bugatti franchise. Also i in no way shape or form am saying that im rich and whatever else that i have all this money. I wish i did but im not trying to come off like that. i dont have a family and im still young so im not trying to dog anyone older with a family and more bills on any money situation. just to straighten that out. "madman"

Old 02-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Stillborn
Veteran

Yeah ok.. I was like, err.. wtf good to clear that up I was confused. The toothless 4.7L comment was definetly out of line though. I have a 5.7L QC 4x4. my girlfriend has the same truck, but in white [hers is 4.7L and she definetly has all of her teeth too] and my dad has a '03 2500, once again. Still has all of his teeth, and he definetly has a job. Also, the logic in that.. seeing as the Hemi was only like 800$ more.. people have other reasons why they did or did not get a Hemi, and cost isint always it. A lot of people I have talked to were lied to, and were told the 4.7 was MUCH better on gas, or that the power wasnt a "significant" difference, because the dealers wanted to get rid of the 4.7's so they made **** up, and if you think that of 4.7's, whats your view on the 3.7 V6?

Old 02-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Phatboy
Professional

The easiest way to stop the odometer.

1. Come to complete stop.

Sorry. I couldnt pass that up.

I dont know about a fuse, but there is a speed sensor in the rear diff, I believe there is also another in the tranny. Im not sure how good it would run without these, I know my 99 acted real funny when they went bad, I would get up to speed, it would read 0, then it would jump up, but not usually as fast as I thought I was going, around 30 when I was on the interstate.

I was under the impression that the CPU also calculated hours?

So do you fix hummers or build them? Cause sense AM General went to GM the hummer has lost some of its 'machismo'.

Of course I also preferred the 94-01 Live Axle 4x4 Dodge Ram 1500s as opposed to the IFS versions now, but then again I love the way mine rides.

Old 02-20-2006, 08:01 PM
justint420
Rookie

I just have to say I agree with everyone, there is no reason to stop the odometer.

Also I have a 4.7 and it is plenty of power for my Reg. Cab. The difference between the 4.7 and the 5.7 is not enough to wine over.
My dad has a Quad Cab with a 4.7 with 3.55 gears and it will still get up and go if you need it too. Im sick of people saying the 4.7 is weak because when compared to a GM or Ford the 4.7 is amazing.

Old 02-20-2006, 08:02 PM
BigRigTruckin66
Veteran

Also i in no way shape or form am saying that im rich and whatever else that i have all this money. I wish i did but im not trying to come off like that. i dont have a family and im still young so im not trying to dog anyone older with a family and more bills on any money situation. just to straighten that out. "madman"
Glad ya cleared that up. I hate it when people brag they have more money. I was about to use this: [sm=GrowUp.gif] But I guess I won't. Also, if you want to stop the odometer, you could somehow get a bicycle setup in your ram. Sorry, like phatboy, I couldn't pass that up.

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Got any?

Old 02-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Phatboy
Professional

I dont think anyone should diss the 4.7. There really is no need to. The only reason I got the hemi is because I pull a 30ft travel trailer.

I have seen some quick 4.7s. If I had a RC, that would be my choice too.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:57 AM
Stillborn
Veteran

ORIGINAL: justint420

I just have to say I agree with everyone, there is no reason to stop the odometer.

Also I have a 4.7 and it is plenty of power for my Reg. Cab. The difference between the 4.7 and the 5.7 is not enough to wine over.
My dad has a Quad Cab with a 4.7 with 3.55 gears and it will still get up and go if you need it too. Im sick of people saying the 4.7 is weak because when compared to a GM or Ford the 4.7 is amazing.

The reg cab it's fine, but my girlfriends 4.7 QC 4x4 is a pig, I KILL it, it can barely pull her trailer.. she drives mine whenever she can heh, although I guess a RCSB would be a lot different... I could just imagine how slow a QC4x4 V6 would be... oh god lol

Quick Reply: Stop The Odometer Must Read!!!!!