3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Are Rear End Problems an Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 01:10 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do not know if your question was directed at me but i did tow a lillte bit for a short time last summer and that shot the transmisson, but every other day is a normal drive. i started to notice a shudder and groan when i was backing up but at no other times. I got serval quotes from 1500 to 2000 just to rebuild back to stock, i waited and found a place with a great rep over 60 years of service and a number of buddys racing toys including his own. And 800 bucks later they stuck a whole new rear end in. he let me have the piece that was broke off inside the rear end and said it was the same one that breaks off every other dodge. id post the pic on here but idk how...

Old 08-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Captdad03

Originally Posted by willdikem66
i do not know if your question was directed at me but i did tow a lillte bit for a short time last summer and that shot the transmisson, but every other day is a normal drive. i started to notice a shudder and groan when i was backing up but at no other times. I got serval quotes from 1500 to 2000 just to rebuild back to stock, i waited and found a place with a great rep over 60 years of service and a number of buddys racing toys including his own. And 800 bucks later they stuck a whole new rear end in. he let me have the piece that was broke off inside the rear end and said it was the same one that breaks off every other dodge. id post the pic on here but idk how...
Thanks willdikem66, I tow something every week from a 1500lb utility trailer to a 26' camper. I'm hoping someone with similar towing patterns and a lot more mechanical knowledge than myself will reply with help. I've been using a mechanic with about 30 years of experience, but he (like most other professionals) only wants to repair and not upgrade. Thanks again for your help

Old 08-06-2012, 05:47 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker

Anytime Captdad03, and thats most mechanics with any experince!

Quick Reply: Are Rear End Problems an Issue