3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WTF!! GAS PRICES!!! SUCK!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WTF!! GAS PRICES!!! SUCK!!

we were talkin about gas prices in school today and one of my teachers was saying something about how the executive of chrysler wrote to congress saying that it wasnt right that gas was so high because we have enough gas in reserves and plenty of gas in the gulf to last the country for a while and some top honcho at exxon mobil wrote another letter in response saying that "gas prices have stayed about the same for the past few decades...its time for them to go up" he said that what he thinks theyll do is raise it to like 3.50 and then lower it back down to 2 bucks so that people wont complain about paying 2 dollars a gallon anymore...sorta like someone said about how he complained when gas was 1.50 and now would gladly pay that.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:16 PM
TheRedMonkey
Professional

Bio diesel is a good fuel, I will reiterate what I said in another thread. The diesel engine was designed to be run on peanut oil originally. Then came petrol fuels and it changed to that. Its just going full circle. You do get the same power, there is no performance difference if the engine is set up correctly.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:57 PM
speeddemon145
Professional

It sure is not right wene big oil is saying price is high becouse there is a shortage of gas so prices are higher becouse of that but how can you make record profits wene you don't have the gas to sell becouse there is a shortage its all bs......... only reson they are all reaking in record prfits is becouse sence the so called hurricane damage they doubled the price of gas and noone did anything about it and they got away with it and made out big time,so now they know they can do it with no backlash on the so here we go again I bet this quarters earnings will be another record as they don't have enouph gas to sell again. everyone should get a refund from big oil for sticking all of us but that will never happen.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:33 AM
schawks73
Professional

we were talkin about gas prices in school today and one of my teachers was saying something about how the executive of chrysler wrote to congress saying that it wasnt right that gas was so high because we have enough gas in reserves and plenty of gas in the gulf to last the country for a while and some top honcho at exxon mobil wrote another letter in response saying that "gas prices have stayed about the same for the past few decades...its time for them to go up" he said that what he thinks theyll do is raise it to like 3.50 and then lower it back down to 2 bucks so that people wont complain about paying 2 dollars a gallon anymore...sorta like someone said about how he complained when gas was 1.50 and now would gladly pay that.
Im not very smart when it comes to economics or business, but I know if I was making an additional 75% profit, and I had a choice to keep that 75% or give it back... well ill put it this way. Lets say you own a business and make 200K/yr (aka $2/gal) and something comes along in the business world that you were able to capitalize on it (aka hurricane), the business profitted greatly and now you are making 350K/yr (aka $3.50/gal). You get some complaints from customers (me and you) but they are still buying your product just as much, or a LITTLE less than before (for the most part), and you had to decide on 1) giving back 150K/yr (aka dropping prices from $3.50 back to $2/gal) to satisfy them, or 2) say F-it, im going to keep my 350K/yr income (aka keep gas at 3.50/gal) and they can just get used to the increased price of the product. Most people in that situation would be so corrupted by money and power that they would choose choice #2 and say F-it, lets keep it at a higher price, since THEY ARE PAYING FOR IT JUST AS MUCH AS THE CHEAPER PRICE.

Thats my take on it... its sad but i figure its true[], Hope that made sence, Ive been told I can explain things that only I can understand

-David

Old 04-26-2006, 05:34 AM
HoustonHEMI
Professional

Ditto that schawks73,

It's called good old fashion capitalism boys and girls and if you don't like it then you're definitely in the wrong country. That's the American way, to work hard and prosper off of others, more power to you if you can make it work.

I worked in the corporate field for over 20 years and became sick and tired of having a company decide my worth and income so you know what, I did something about it!

I went back to school, acquired a degree and started my own business. Even though I’m still working for a major airline I just coasting until September 2007 when I’m able to retire.

With my other business I’m making 3 times what I make at the airline and after retirement I plan on opening additional stores to keep me fat, happy, and dumb without stressing over what a company decides.

That is exactly what is so great about this country, anyone can do it. If you’re unhappy with gas prices and big oil making record profits too bad. Shut-up and do something about it!

You’re a HEMI owner and have no right to bitch! If you still feel the urge to vent then sell the HEMI and buy something green like a hybrid. That’s just the nature of the beast so better get use to them prices.

Don’t get me wrong, I hate paying high prices for a tank of gas as well as the next person but I understand the reasoning behind it…..and it’s not going to go down.

H.H.

Old 04-26-2006, 05:59 AM
Black Beast
Rookie

San francisco bay area, $3.18 reg. I wonder how we will look in arab clothes? F-it I'm buying a glock instead.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:59 AM
New2Durango
Professional

It's such a shame. 4 years ago when I was living in NJ Regular was 99 cents a gallon. Of course the rich friends of Bush can pay whatever it is now and in the future, but what about the regular taxpayers that's barely making a living that voted Bush back in office that now has to pay more than 3 times that?

Old 04-26-2006, 11:13 AM
hozz
Rookie

For those of you saying that the people making profit on the gas is no different that you and I making more in salary. Help me understand the special that I watched this weekend then.

WalMart wanted to lower gas prices and sell gas as a loss leader, but the government told them no and that it would be illegal. That's like me trying to get more work and saying I'll price myself a little lower.....but yet not.

So, you can't have it both ways right? Price gas high and no allow anyone to sell cheaper.......what a racket for the Big Oil Bushes, eh?

Old 04-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All do respect schawks73, This is what the electric industry was doing in the 1930's before the goverment stopped price gouging. Profit is one thing but forcing the country to pay unjustified inflated prices is another. We as auto owners are under goverment control by what and how we can use our autos. Regulations from smog control to how fast we can go is controled. The Petro industry is not. If it was a capitalist "Every man for themself" world, we would be able to revove anything on our autos that could increase MPG or improve performance but we cant. We as auto owners are regulated and so should the petroleum industry.
I am a Capatolist tool, but theplaying field must be a just one.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:20 PM
HEMI 7
Amateur

You have got to be serious 3.50 Holy Crap .......

Quick Reply: WTF!! GAS PRICES!!! SUCK!!