3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WTF!! GAS PRICES!!! SUCK!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:43 PM
squat
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WTF!! GAS PRICES!!! SUCK!!

ORIGINAL: eltupac

I agree with killer here. SpringRam, you sound like a big time republican. I hope I'm wrong. Anyway, there is no doubt that there's more involvement in this oil "problem" than just the oil companies. I mean someone is making tons of money. I got an idea, lets create a problem, like there is an oil shortage or that terrorism may strike an oil field or that we may go to war with Iran. What is the solution, we can tap our "oil reserves" (which are in or around national wildlife reserves, but who cares about animals), so by creating new drill stations (someone has to create them, lets not bid and give it to Halliburton), we can pump more crude oil (who owns shares of oil companies), we can provide the American public with $2.50 per gallon regular gas. (Cause you know, it will never go down to $.99 or $1.50). By the way, we will give you a $100.00 rebate/credit if you let us. (Whoopee, $100, wow, I can believe they can be so generous to give us $100.)
Like Killer said, we are not using more gas, we are probably consuming less. More people switched their SUVs and trucks for 6 or 4 cylinders after the first hikes. I know business is business, but come on, there is also a thing called moral obligation. These businesses seem to forget that. By the way that also includes McDonalds, a clown with no morals.
So far this thread is 1/2 worthless 1/2 bitching. There are a few intelligent posts but they are so few that I can round them down to 0. Posts like this one don't help us much. We don't need to turn this thread into a partisan debate, those don't go anywhere. Republicans don't want these high gas prices any more than democrats do. The prices would be lower if we had more refineries right now (some got damaged you know, but like hurricaines and stuff), but a certain party regulated those things into the ground. The prices would be lower if we had more nuclear power plants to drive our electric grid instead of using oil power plants, but a certain party regulated those into the ground also. The prices would be lower if we could drill ANWR (if ANWR were the size of a football field we'd be drilling something the size of a pea, the animals won't give a damn) and other places, but a certain party keeps shooting that idea down. Retarded bickering like this gets us no where. We can all put conspiracy theories out there, I guess I just expected a little more from dodgeforum guys.

Old 05-03-2006, 01:00 PM
eltupac
All Star

It's funny your name is squat, I guess you dont know "Your Name Here".

I guess that makes you a conspiracy theorist and you are also contributing to the "1/2 worthless 1/2 bitching". You expected more from us, but your comments are "(some got damaged you know, but like hurricaines and stuff)". How ignorant to come back with "stuff", not to mention your misspells. What are you, a teenager? Do some research of your own, not what your dad tells you or other "party" members. Last time I checked, a certain party was the majority. So how can a minority regulate things to the ground? But here junior, let me give you some information (by the way, there are tons of other information sources than your FOX news):

Here is the car info
http://today.reuters.com/investing/f...-SCHEDULED.XML

Here is your oil info. Besides the tax revenue, it would take 10 years before we could see any lower in pricing. We would still be depended on foreign oil.
http://today.reuters.com/investing/f...ALASKA-OIL.XML

Drilling would only benefit oil companies not us. But then again, your dad probably has stock in oil. Never mind.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:26 PM
luvthehemi

WOW...
This post has turned turned from WTF!! GAS PRICES!!! SUCK!!
into a name calling, political, business battle, for what?
I don't think anybody likes paying this for gas, except big oil(just kidding),
and many(myself included), aren't looking for a reason why, just venting.
I threw my 2 cents in, got em thrown back, no hard feelings,
but lets keep it light.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:59 PM
BigRedTex

Exxon Mobil is the highest grossing company in the US has been for about the last 5 years, the only reason that anyone other than the other oil companies know this now is that the price at the pump has gone up enough for people to start researching oil companies. So don't be shocked when Exxon bost huge porfit they have been doing it for 5 years and no one has minded, that was when the price at the pump was under 2 dollars.
The fastest way for the price of gas in the US to go down would not be to tap the oil reservoir, thats what Clinton did to keep prices down incase you were wondering, which we just recently filled. The oil reserve is meat to be a "reserve" we would use it incase of a horrible disaster or a war was started on our on soil. The chance of the war at home is slim but im sure thats what Poland thought before Hilter invaded them, you never know whats going to happen. The fastest way to make prices at the pump drop would be to decrease the federal tax on gasoline. The Fed is also making a huge profit off of oil. The reason gas is so expensive in Europe is all the European nations have unreal taxes on gasoline. The government is also trying to pass tax code to increase the tax on oil companies revenue, because the Fed thinks there making to much and it wants in on the deal.

Gas prices suck. We can all agree, im driving less and thinking about getting a crouch rocket.

Old 05-05-2006, 05:12 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

A few things we can do are drive less and keep our foot out of the injectors. Also use synthetic oil and grease in the axels and gearbox, synthetic fluid in the tranny, all of this will to help increase your mpg. Remember to keep your tires inflated to correct presser and to change dirty air filters.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Old 05-06-2006, 02:18 AM
mikahb
Rookie

I filled up the ol' Dodge the other day, $97. Ouch. But, you know what, I'm not driving less, I'm not considering gas mileage more, I'm just doing what I have always done, and wishing - when I fill the tank - that it was cheaper. Gas prices will rise, and they may fall - or maybe they won't, we will all see at some point. It's not really a political debate, though the press and government would like you to think so. It really comes down to capitalism, supply and demand. Until we start buying less gas (or diesel, in my case), prices will rise.

So, if you're hating the price of gas, drive less! Carpool. Leave the Ram at home and drive the Sentra. Do something to adjust your driving habits to adjust for the change, don't sit back and wish the government or oil companies would change so that you don't have to. I WISH I could still fill the truck for $50. But, reality bites and it hasn't bitten me hard enough yet to change me.

Old 05-06-2006, 09:22 PM
SpringRam

ORIGINAL: eltupac

It's funny your name is squat, I guess you dont know "Your Name Here".

I guess that makes you a conspiracy theorist and you are also contributing to the "1/2 worthless 1/2 bitching". You expected more from us, but your comments are "(some got damaged you know, but like hurricaines and stuff)". How ignorant to come back with "stuff", not to mention your misspells. What are you, a teenager? Do some research of your own, not what your dad tells you or other "party" members. Last time I checked, a certain party was the majority. So how can a minority regulate things to the ground? But here junior, let me give you some information (by the way, there are tons of other information sources than your FOX news):

Here is the car info
http://today.reuters.com/investing/f...-SCHEDULED.XML

Here is your oil info. Besides the tax revenue, it would take 10 years before we could see any lower in pricing. We would still be depended on foreign oil.
http://today.reuters.com/investing/f...ALASKA-OIL.XML

Drilling would only benefit oil companies not us. But then again, your dad probably has stock in oil. Never mind.
The above quote shows us drunkeness can be sobered, ignorance can be educated, but stupid lasts forever.

~SpringRam

Old 05-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Ramman21
Professional

2.65 for regular right now in mississippi

Old 05-13-2006, 02:20 AM
coonass

I WORK FOR EXXON AND I LOVE IT WHEN GAS PRICES ARE HIGH!!!! OH WAIT WHAT THE F*CK WAS I THINKING I MUST OF BEEN DREAMING! I'M PAYING 2.99 FOR 87.3.29 FOR 93.GOTTA LOVE IT.THE RETIRING CEO OF EXXON MOBLIE NEEDS ANOTHER 40 ROOM GETAWAY HOME! I'M A PIPEFITTER FOR ALL THE MAJOR OIL REFINERIES AND CHEMICAL PLANTS DOWN HERE IN THE LOWER PART OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER(GOLD ALLEY) I'VE WORKED FOR EXXON,BP AMOCCO,SHELL, DOW CHEMICAL,AND VARIOUS OTHER COM. YOU CAN'T IMAGIN WHAT THE PAY FOR SIMPLE JOBS TO KEEP THE PLANTS RUNNING!!! I WISH I HAD THE MONEY MURPHY OIL(THE ONE THATS FURNISHES WAL MART) PAID MY COMPANY FOR THE 3 MONTH JOB WE JUST FINISHED.I MADE $34,250 IN 10 WEEKS!!!! MUST BE NICE TO HAVE LAND WITH OLD ROTTEN DINOSAURS IN IT?

Old 05-15-2006, 12:35 PM
eltupac
All Star

ORIGINAL: SpringRam

The above quote shows us drunkeness can be sobered, ignorance can be educated, but stupid lasts forever.

~SpringRam
Yes, I try to educate everyone.

Quick Reply: WTF!! GAS PRICES!!! SUCK!!