3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AIR RAID M.I.T.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 03:01 PM
stickshiftsrule
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AIR RAID M.I.T.

ORIGINAL: Squirrel508

I meant to say 68.50mm I guess I had a brain fart... Oh Well the price is 180 plus 80 core charge? Do you think that the tb and mit together will complement each other?
I "think" so, but cannot say for certain.

In order, I did;

Magnaflow 3" exhaust (dumped) -noticable power increase

Airaid MIT -increase (if any) was not really noticable

Airam jet stream scoop + power wire -no noticable difference at first.
....But, after a week with the power wire I took it off, performance dropped immediatly.
So apparently the wire is one of those gradual change mods......But it does work.

Fastman 68.5mm TB -noticable power increase

I recently insulated my MIT and airbox. I also replaced the airaid coupler with a 3" plumbing quik-connent (smoother).
I drilled a hole in the new coupler and mounted my IAT sensor in it. And I modified the airbox snorkel by adding a small scoop to the end of it to better "catch" the air being directed in by the airram scoop.
-the result is another noticable power increase. And improved MPG, IF you can keep your foot out of it.......
.......yeah right.......[sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: AIR RAID M.I.T.