3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got smoke by a Duramax

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 03:44 PM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got smoke by a Duramax

Nothin' to get heated about brother.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:46 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

When the posts started looking like essay's, I stopped reading... Someone post the readers digest version???

Old 12-08-2006, 04:53 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

Dude I dont know what tank(your in the military right) you crawled out from under but the numbers dont lie and I am sitting here looking at manheim auction numbers(which you cant see because you ARE NOT A DEALER but since I work for one I can) and they only amplify what I am saying. You dont know what your talking about on the resale value of the diesels, but if your one to pay way more for a truck because it has a diesel then I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I can get you a real deal on... imagine how many diesels you can park there! Maybe you guys out in GA are willing to pay more for one but us Texans arent as likely to part with our hard earned cash so easily. Plus I would say that here 7 out of 10 vehicles that you see are trucks to begin with.

Fact is if you drive a pickup because you like one and you dont use it to haul heavy loads on a regular basis(3 times I have said this now) then a 1500 is what a NORMAL person will buy. A diesel Ram will run you at least $6000 more in the used market and about $10,000 more new.

Where did I say that my truck was faster than yours, can you find that for me because I missed that. My truck is a stock HEMI of which I havent modded because I never drive it anyway, it sits in the garage because I always drive something from the dealership... last 2 weeks it was a black '04 Chevy SSR and this week(so far) its a '02 Pontiac Firebird.

Diesels do have their place like haulin heavy loads and as work-horses, but for everyday driving and personal use makes no sense to spend another 10G's. And do you understand what the word capacity and the relation to the required parts needed to sustain the increased load, if so you would know that I am refering to the additional parts such as frame, suspension and drivetrain component differences between a 1500 and a 2500.

What you dont seem to get is that if I was going to build a HEMI to show up your diesel I wouldnt waste extra money on a 2500 when I can save thousands of dollars and buy a 1500. In fact I can buy a barely used SRT-10 Ram for less than a new 2500 w/cummins and I know that will beat you all day long with no modifications.

And obviously you dont know what the purpose of the warranty clerk at a dealership is/or does and the one that I know VERY well has been at it for over 20 years and has seen just about every trick come and go through. And whether you want to admit it or not, diesels are not bulletproof and repeatedly torturing them by drag racing them will break stuff and that wont be covered under warranty.

I NEVER fell for the "HEMI hype" that you refer to, it just happens to be the highest Hp V8 that Chrysler puts into the trucks now and that being the case its all we have to work with. This is the end of this thread for me because there is no reasoning with a closed-end mindset.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:08 PM
cumminalong

Dude I dont know what tank(your in the military right) you crawled out from under
Careful where you decide to take the conversation bud. I've just been picking on your truck, but if you wanna take to insults, you're not gonna be happy with the results there cowboy!

Did this whole thing NOT get started over what was faster?

So I'm assuming you don't want to play at the track at all?

Old 12-18-2006, 05:16 AM
Cummin out smoke

No thats not right. I have an 06' 3500 cummins 6 speed that I superchiped, 5" straight piping with a 6" tip, a little injector work and thats it. Got about a grand in it and it rolls. I have killed many hemis, little rice burners and so on with my 4 ton truck. Funny thing is I was pulling my gooseneck trailer which weighs 3 tons empty and I came to a stop light with a hemi and we took off when it turned green and i still stayed right there with him. Oh ya it pours out the smoke and i dont have propane.

Quick Reply: Got smoke by a Duramax