3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

nBreakthrough in 04 PCM... just check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 01:53 AM
silverram99
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nBreakthrough in 04 PCM... just check it out!

ORIGINAL: mikehales

I orginally thought that it was also affecting the tranny, could still be. I believe what really is happening is the ignition is not being retarded during shifts, but i believe the IGNITION is the main thing being adjusted. It is possible other thing s are happening.
As far as I know that is how TM works. Now to clear somethings up since I noticed there were alot of questions.

FOR 01-03 3.7/4.7/5.7:

You can remove your TMR (Torque Managment Request) wire. This is what I beleive some have done. I think you will see more improvement by doing this than by hooking up the PTO (purple wire or whatever color yours is).

FOR 04+:

Right now I think the only way to get rid of this is have a custom reflash on your PCM. You can hook up the PTO wire and possibly get some results.

I am by no means an expert on this, but I have read up on it quite a bit. I found alot more 3rd Gen info than 2nd Gen, which is what truck I have. If the 04+ models are like my truck is, TM is built into your computer and a custom flash is required to fully remove it. If you are a really motivated 04+ owner, get ahold of a wiring diagram and a service manual and do some studying. You *might* find something or you could just wait for someone else to do it lol. Anyways good luck and I know I restated somethings but I hope this helps a little.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:38 AM
deanj287
Captain

abarmy this isnt any wires on your pcm its the box to the left of the pcm attached to the side of the passenger fenderwell only has one big group of wires going to it. if you pay close attention to the pics above (on page 2 i think) you can see the difference in the outside of the harness to judge which wire it is. its yellow green with a dark hunter green strip..only 1.

mike if its not retarding the ignition is this how a pto works and am i understanding its safe for the short run but might cause problems later?
by the way thanks for all your technical imput ealier on. really helps everybody understand a lot better...silveram99 thanks again for the links and your help as well!!!

forget ford and chevy........theres nothing like being in the DODGE Family!

Old 11-03-2006, 06:01 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhhhh.............ta deanj287

Al.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:06 AM
mikehales

dean, I have no idea wether it will changing antthing in the long run. I THINK the majority is it EPA Emmisions stuff. THe DRBIII says it is "GLOBALDISABLE" what ever that means????? Maybe it's used on trucks outside the US that don't have to have CA regulations. That seems like it would be a simple awnser for the manfacture . ????

If anyone has anymore ideas please jump in.....

Old 11-03-2006, 11:09 AM
dan0617
Rookie

Is it possible to get a custom reflash to completely eliminate the tq management system in an '05 2500? Would I no longer use my flashpaq if I get it done? Would I have to go back to the place that did the reflash if I wanted to go back to stock (ie: need to go to the dealer for warranty work), or is there a way to do it yourself with a programmer? I thought it was impossible to remove tq management from anything newer than '03. If it is possible, someone let me know. My tires are ready and willing to go bald!!!!!

Old 11-03-2006, 10:01 PM
mikehales

I believe the motor WILL run just fine, for a very long time. (years) I do not believe this will mess up the way your motor works or runs.

Old 11-03-2006, 10:05 PM
mikehales

www.bgperformancepcm.com

only way, DRB III will not remove it...

Old 11-04-2006, 12:25 AM
deanj287
Captain

DAMN would love to hear a hemi with cut outs at 6800 rpms in a truck!. a little pricey but you gota pay to play in this game. I wonder if the auto tranny will shift in the 6000 rpm range with the raised limiter... know anything bout this mike?

Old 11-04-2006, 04:28 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional

So it sounds like some of you have tried this wire cut in the 04 and newer trucks. (wich im really interested in cause im rolling around in a 04 qc hemi) and would like it to work. But i havn't heard anyone mention if its acually undoing the torque management system. Part of that system keeps the truck at meast mine from doing a burn out from a dead stand still. Plus while from a power break. It goes to 2g and wont break the tires unless i let off the gas. Has any of you who's undone this allowed your truck to do burn outs?

Old 11-04-2006, 09:50 AM
mikehales

I noticed on the website it says it raises the shift point to 5800 rpm.

My auto is shifting at 5600 maybe 5800 already....

I pretty sure these guys have the source code and the base maps from dodge. (from what i hear)

Quick Reply: nBreakthrough in 04 PCM... just check it out!