3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

jetchip

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 07:01 PM
mountaingade
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jetchip

Has anyone ever tryed this on there ram? I have a 2005 3/4 tone with hemi and I am looking for something to wake the motor up because it's sleeping bad on me. I have a friend that tryed 3 types of chips, superchip, hypertech and jetchip, and he said that the best one was the jetchip with the throttle body spacer. I have trouble beating my 1995 honda civic with my truck which is very imbarassing, after my freind installed the jet chip on his truck, I was wayyyyyyy back.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:42 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: jetchip

Get a SUPERCHIPS program.... the JETRIP is NOT recomended for your engine... and in most cases they will show a LOSS in HP! The FLASHPAQ is a MUCH MUCH better choice. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-23-2006, 10:04 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Definitely go with the Superchips, besides programming there's other stuff (codes, speedo, etc.) you can do with it. Plus the flashpaq is updateable online.

Old 11-24-2006, 07:02 PM
mountaingade
Rookie

does any of you 2 have the superchip??? With the jetchip, you can run regular gas, don't you have to run 91 octane eith the superchip???

Old 11-24-2006, 08:02 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

The SUPERCHIPS has 3 settings that you can change, their is the 87octane tune (which will SMOKE a JETRIP) and there are 2 performance tunes one that requiors 87 octane and the other 91 octane fuel... Both are night and day over the regular tune which by itself is better than a JET RIP. I have seen JET chips lose HP on DYNOs and I have watched ET's at the track pick up after it was removed... They are JUNK no matter what they promis to you.

I had a SUPERCHIPS program but since I have crossed the line of (TOO MANY MODS) Im forced to go with a custome tune... and It hasnt been right since. I really miss my Superchips.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Drudwn2000

I have installed a Jett chip on my 03 dodge ram 1500 4.7L I didn't notice much of a change in performance. I can't really believe i spent that much on this thing. They never sent me dyno sheets, like i requested, so don't really know how much HP i gained. If i did gain, it's not that much noticable. I recomend you a throttle body spacer. I installed that for only $100 and seen a much bigger increase in power. If i could take my $350 back I would buy a performance exhaust instead.

Drwe

Old 11-25-2006, 12:01 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup, that's why I haven't bothered to buy one for my wife's Liberty, apparently Jet is the only company that makes anything for the Jeep 3.7, and it's that chip. Unless someone knows something I don't....

Old 11-25-2006, 02:29 AM
AIR RAM
All Star

The throttle body spacer is complete SNAKEOIL as well... dont waste your money on a spacer! They have no place on an engine that is MULTI PORT fuel injected. This means the air and fuel are introduced to each other at the end of each intake runner. Your intake is DRY and there is NOTHING but air in it. The spacers all advertise to increase atomization of fuel/air... BUT HOW when the intake is DRY and there is NO fuel and air to be mixed in the intake? Spacers can be used to help tune Throttle body injected engines or carburated engines but they offer NOTHING to a Muilti Port fuel injected engine since the fuel is introduced just prior to the intake valve.

With a spacer best case you will NOT lose any HP (and you sure as heck wont gain any) and Worse case the spacer becomes a restriction and actualy hurts performance.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-25-2006, 02:32 AM
AIR RAM
All Star

You can get the 6.1 cam for 130.00 shipped to your door! Thats a real HP gain of 25RWHP that you will feel!

Electric fans are also well worth while mods that will add 10RWHP...

Keep focused and steer clear of the snake oils... they are out there!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I have been dealing with the 3rd Gen Rams since Febuary 2002!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

i have a throttle body spacer and agree with air ram. the difference is all in your head. if i take my intake off and look at it the spacer actually has a smaller inside diameter than the throttle body. i just left it on because i didnt feel like taking it off but since ive had it on for several months and my drving habits have changed to include less racing, revving the engine, burnouts, speeding, and hard accelerating since i got it and im still only getting 11 mpg as opposed to the 14 i was getting before and that was ******* it, i think im gonna take it off. i just drove home from work so my engine is still hot but i think im gonna go take it off in an hour or two.

take it from some one who has one, dont waste your money

Quick Reply: jetchip