3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

sub box

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:39 PM
muscleman320
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sub box

yeah definitely make sure you have enough volume, AND another very very important thing is to make sure that is you have a powerful sub .. like definitely the JL W6 (ive heard it .. its very .. very loud) get ported box.. it will be much louder than a sealed box .. mine was sealed and my friends was parted with the same sub and his was so much louder. the sub puts off bass from the top and bottom, so why ony have it open for the top? exactly, if you port the box the sound can escape through the slot.. my sealed box had too little volume and i blew the sub because the pressure inside the box was massive.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:17 PM
therockdog
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Say guy's and gal's does anyone have or know where i can get the standard radio diagram / color code pin out for an 06 ram quad cab 4x4 sport? please please please! i can't finish my amp install until i get that.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 AM
therockdog
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool i got the diagram i needed. I have made my own custom fiber glass box to fit under the rear seat. Tho it is not done as of yet it will be very nice to have it out of site. When i had my 03 i have a box behind the driver seat with a 15" punchand a 400 watt amp pumping through it. now i have a 1200 watt and plan on running two 10" subs. I will post pics when i am finished.