3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dynamat

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 01:35 AM
cr80renob
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamat

I was looking to cover my whole truck interior with dynamat. THE ROAD/ENGINE NOISE IS TERRIBLE!!! Plus I heard it'll make my sound system better..... Has anyone ever used dynamat before? What do you think? How many square feet do you think it would take to cover the floor, doors, headliner, and behind the seats of a Regular Cab truck?

Old 02-19-2007, 01:40 AM
schmedly
Rookie
Default RE: Dynamat

If the noise level is TERRIBLE, then I would suggest selling your truck and buying a car. You will not be satisfied with a little sound reduction with that high of a level of dissatisfaction.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:55 AM
cr80renob
Captain

That's a pretty stupid suggestion.....I know trucks are gonna be loud. I love the truck except for the loudness. Plus, after investing in a new system I don't want to have to just cover up the sound, I want to get rid of it.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:37 PM
helopilot
Veteran

I used a product called eDead instead. Good quality but a lot cheaper. I researched millions of reviews before deciding and have had it in for a year and a half now and I love it!!

Here is their website:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php

I used the eDead v1SE2, you can also get it on eBay for a very good price. I paid 160 bucks for 180 sqft about a year ago.

With the 180 sqft I bought, I was able to do all four doors, the entire floor twice, the back wall twice and still had some left over, but I did not do the roof.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:07 PM
cr80renob
Captain

Thanks a lot helopilot for your input! I have one more question for ya, How much did it reduce the noise?

Old 02-19-2007, 07:52 PM
kpj5br
Rookie

I have Dynamat in all 4 doors (nowhere else). Definitely noticed an improvement, especially with the stereo (I had it done as part of the stereo installation).

I would highly recommend it, or something similar to it, especially in the doors, as they are totally hollow from factory.

Cost for me was $100 for all 4 doors professionally done, I'm sure that varies.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:43 PM
squatchie16
Professional

I had my front two doors done with Raamat and can tell a very concise difference. The back two doors and rear wall will be next.

On the doors the sound deadener is used in conjuction with an acoustic foam suitable for automobile applications. This will help absorb road/engine noise much more effectively. This will make much more of difference than sound deadening (Raamat, eDead, SecondSkin, Hushmat, Dynamat).

Check out this link to find out more about different products: http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
Raamat can be found here: http://www.raammat.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Old 02-20-2007, 12:57 AM
shnormo
Veteran

Under coat the car the bottom of the cab. It'll also help protect against rust and provide sound insulation. Then when you get your interior ripped apart, spray your floor again on the inside and then lay down the dynomat. Don't under coat your doors.

Quick Reply: Dynamat