Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 01:18 AM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cwilly01
Guys, I'm trying to get my arms around a schedule and wonder if any of you can look at this and let me know your thoughts. Trying to maximize downshifts while keeping rpm's down in the 40 - 55 mph range for traffic fuel economy. This is my first try, so any help is appreciated. Have not installed schedule as I need to know if it looks "workable".

Thanks

Chris
That schedule will function as a valid shift pattern if thats the question youre asking. By looking at it, it definetly doesnt look too aggressive. Plug it in and see what you think.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by cwilly01
Gasturbine - DS does the exact same thing. The Trinity and Predator come with NO manual of any kind, and the forum support is MUCH worse than SC. DS canned tunes are far too aggressive and will make your engine throw knock. For instance: you have to run 89 in order to run 87. Now you could adjust timing and fuel yourself, but with no manual and support you have to learn the tool.
So noted. And its true I have not operated a Diablo...Im referencing information Im finding online.

So as much as I see you are frustrated with the SC, I would bet you a paycheck you'd hate the DS.
[Shrug] Im not sure Id say "frustrated"...its not like Im struggling with it, Im just disappointed the company doesnt supply better documentation.

You might ask how I'd know. Well, I just sold a DS Predator due to lack of support, no tranny tunning, no TM tunning, and poor canned tunes. I bought the SC 3865 and although not perfect, I've accomplished everything (including tranny schedule).
Thats cool, if thats what you want. Im just saying Im not putting a canned tune into my $15k truck without knowing what its doing. And I know there are hundreds (if not thousands) of users running these tunes with no issues, but Im just that kind of guy, and Ill bet theres more like me out there too.

Thanks for the info!

-Chris

Old 06-21-2010, 08:05 AM
cwilly01

Thats cool, if thats what you want. Im just saying Im not putting a canned tune into my $15k truck without knowing what its doing. And I know there are hundreds (if not thousands) of users running these tunes with no issues, but Im just that kind of guy, and Ill bet theres more like me out there too.

Thanks for the info!

-Chris
Understood. I have used both DS and SC canned tunes in my $35k truck. DS scared me as the tunes were too aggressive for the junk gas here. However, the SC 87 tune is very mild. Timing advance is conservative as well as the canned torque management (helps shift firmness). My point was that while both offer pros and cons, the SC is far easier on your eninge if your not going to mod it heavilty.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Gasturbine

I dont think Im asking that much, amd frankly, Im surprised people put these tunes in without knowing what they are exactly doing. I think SC should supply an FAQ or something, outlining each tune, and explaining EXACTLY what changes are being made.

Does that sound unreasonable? I know there is a SC employee that reads here.

-Chris
Chris, no it doesn't sound unreasonable however, do NOT expect to get "EXACTLY" what changes are made - by any company. That is considered business confidential information. What they will tell you is they advance the timing but, will never give the specifics. They will tell you they adjust A/F ratio but again, they will NEVER tell you EXACTLY the ratio. They will tell you they may adjust shift firmness but, will not tell you how or by how much. Superchips will NOT release their Shift Schedules when you select "Superchips" over User or Stock. This information is considered business confidential.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:05 PM
doneking
Amateur

How do I forward a shift schedule to have it posted on the website that a member here has been hosting them on?

I have a 2004 4.7l truck and I've been playing with the schedules a little. I can help someone out that may need a starting point with the one that I have been using.

I know justjay has been inquiring about one. I'm willing to share the current one that I have programmed now. I'm sure it could use some tweeking here and there but for now I have been liking it.

DK

Old 06-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Brock_USMC
Professional

That would be awesome doneking, I would definitely be interested in that. I've been wondering if anyone had a schedule for the 4.7s yet.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:24 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran
Default 2009 Dodge RAM 4.7 Dyno Chart

Ron just posted the following on the SC forums. Dyno Chart 2009 Ram 4.7L. Thought you guys might like to see it.

To see full sized image go here: https://www.superchips.com/forum/vie...p=42160#p42160

Name:  Dodge_2009_47_s.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  29.0 KB

Old 06-22-2010, 05:25 PM
doneking
Amateur

Brock_USMC,

I forwarded a copy of my shift schedule to MDSBigPaPa. He's gonna get it to the guy that has been hosting a lot of the schedules. Here's his link http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/

What year is your truck?

There are a couple of 4.7 schedules hosted, but not any '04's yet.

You can also PM me your e-mail and I can send it to you that way.

DK

Old 06-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Ram1500Monster

Are these chips comparable to these Dodge Ram Engine Performance Chips? I just bought a few of their items and they seem to have added a lot of performance for much less than what these other chips cost.

Thanks for any information.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

We don't recommend that you stack our product with another tuning product simply because in most cases you can double the tuning to such areas as in the air/fuel delivery and timing causing extreme levels that could possibly damage your engine.

Scott

Originally Posted by Ram1500Monster
Are these chips comparable to these Dodge Ram Engine Performance Chips? I just bought a few of their items and they seem to have added a lot of performance for much less than what these other chips cost.

Thanks for any information.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates