Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 11:22 AM
The Cank
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my 3865 from the UPS HUB TODAY ( I left work early to pick it up :-) )Got the easy update software installed but my computer keeps coming up with an error message and wanting to shut it down so I just move the box and let it do its thing and it updated fine. Got the 87 tune in and can tell a little bit of a difference but its raining so I can't really try it out. When its wet out the tires spin like crazy without the tuner.

I adjusted my speedo and it seems that that worked out ok and did the rev limiter increase to 6,000 wich automatically adjusted WOT from 1-2 and 3-4 but have not played with it yet. I REALLY WISH I could adjust shift points ! Any tips you guys got that I should do ?

Old 03-13-2010, 11:56 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I am very anxious to receive my Superchips. I'm eager to see how it will help my truck respond to quicker downshifting; it's probably one of my biggest complaints about my truck is its lag time in recognizing the truck needs to downshift when going up hills or trying to pass somebody etc. Also, what is the deal about this torque management stuff? Is that adjusting the psi in the torque converter to give it firmer shifts?

Old 03-14-2010, 01:04 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by The Cank
Got my 3865 from the UPS HUB TODAY ( I left work early to pick it up :-) )Got the easy update software installed but my computer keeps coming up with an error message and wanting to shut it down so I just move the box and let it do its thing and it updated fine. Got the 87 tune in and can tell a little bit of a difference but its raining so I can't really try it out. When its wet out the tires spin like crazy without the tuner.

I adjusted my speedo and it seems that that worked out ok and did the rev limiter increase to 6,000 wich automatically adjusted WOT from 1-2 and 3-4 but have not played with it yet. I REALLY WISH I could adjust shift points ! Any tips you guys got that I should do ?
I'm not sure if it was this thread or one on DT but Sil recommended the WOT on the 4.7s work best around 5500 RPM. Start there and play with the values.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:26 PM
The Cank
Professional

5500 I will do that. The shift points are much firmer and I do believe it does adjust the PSI. The downshifting is a little better but I usually just turn overdrive off before I pass because otherwise it takes FOREVER to downshift ! Like I said it has been raining all weekend so I have not really got a chance to hammer on it and see how it responds. I am going to do a stock run and then a tune run and see how the numbers come out. I am excited about that

Old 03-15-2010, 10:19 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My questions are for the 3815. I noticed when I am driving down a sloping hill @45-50 mph and have let off the throttle, the rpms will jump routinely while I am coasting. Something is not letting the engine drop to (near) idle. Is this Dodge programming or Superchips? (I also updated firmware tonight from 355 to 372, so I will try that tomorrow.) I am running the 87 tune. Second, what is the possibility of getting instant mpg added to datalogging? I am testing some mods on my truck, and the ability to see instant mpg drops would really be helpful. Third, when datalogging, how long will the SC 3815 log data? Is it only for a quarter mile or so? Or do I need to connect it to a laptop for logging any length of time? Last, are there any plans to tune vehicles like the Avenger? Thanks...

Old 03-16-2010, 10:06 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I had a question regarding suggested settings. I use 91 octane in my truck already so I anticipate utilizing the 91 performance setting but I wanted to know if anybody can suggest what I should put for the other settings that will be the safest and most effective way to get performance out of the chip such as rev limiter, shift points etc. I'm getting it tomorrow in the mail so it'd be awesome to know what I should put the settings on when I get it, thanks!!

Old 03-16-2010, 02:40 PM
nateroach
Veteran

I have a quick question now that I am up and running with my Cortex.

I am running the 87 tune with no other changes (as of now) and one thing in noticed is when the truck kicks in and out of MDS. Before the programmer the only notable difference was in the exhaust tone (I have a magnaflow catback) but now i seem to feel a slight surge when the other 4 cyl kick in (going from 4 to 8). Is this normal? and would this cause any potential damage to the tranny? I am guessing it is due to the slight increase in power due to the Cortex, but also to Torque management changes with the SC.

I would rather not disable the MDS as I drive 25 miles each way to work and I want the best gas mileage I can get. Any suggestions?

thanks
nateroach

Old 03-16-2010, 03:17 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ble-issue.html

sil, scott you guys read this and give me any info on it...any problems like this from shift points?...i am anticipating the new releases and dont want any issues with my tranny and hey maybe the new ones can fix this issue.....

Old 03-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

I sent you a PM.

Scott

Originally Posted by nateroach
I have a quick question now that I am up and running with my Cortex.

I am running the 87 tune with no other changes (as of now) and one thing in noticed is when the truck kicks in and out of MDS. Before the programmer the only notable difference was in the exhaust tone (I have a magnaflow catback) but now i seem to feel a slight surge when the other 4 cyl kick in (going from 4 to 8). Is this normal? and would this cause any potential damage to the tranny? I am guessing it is due to the slight increase in power due to the Cortex, but also to Torque management changes with the SC.

I would rather not disable the MDS as I drive 25 miles each way to work and I want the best gas mileage I can get. Any suggestions?

thanks
nateroach

Old 03-16-2010, 03:30 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by jusjay727
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ble-issue.html

sil, scott you guys read this and give me any info on it...any problems like this from shift points?...i am anticipating the new releases and dont want any issues with my tranny and hey maybe the new ones can fix this issue.....
Just saw the videos. Don't see anything wrong with the shifts. Actually, they look pretty good.

The new stuff will allow you to change part throttle for more responsive up and downshifts.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates