Got_Mitch
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-23-2012, 12:06 AM
redneckmike72
Default chip or programmer?

Originally Posted by Rich 2500
First of all don't call programmers chips, you'll confuse people they will think you're talking about the crap things they sell on ebay that, by the way don't work and are a total waste of money.

That said you have three options, Edge, SuperChips and Diablo. Most guys are opting for SC, since you have an 07 you have the ability to run the Edge, I have used this programmer and found it to be a very nice unit, with good feature. Last is the Diablo Sport tuner, this is the only tuner that has the ability to do after market custom tunes. Oh and the Trinity that is kind of a cross between the Edge and Predator.

SuperChips: http://www.superchips.com/?utm_sourc...paign=B/Y_Text

Edge Evolution: http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=79&pvk=313

Diablo Predator, Trinity, Intune: http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=79&pvk=313

You should really decide what direction you are planning to take your truck then decide on the programmer.

Thank you for the info and for correcting me on the chip vs. programmer topic like I said I just bought the truck and am looking to be educated as much as possible. I went through and read up on these forums as much as I could last night and look forward to continuing my education lol.

With that said my overall direction is to keep the truck primarily stock it will be used as a commuter/weekend nomad pulling. I am really just hoping to make the commute a little more fun that it already is all the while trying to get the best mpg as possible

Old 08-23-2012, 08:01 AM
jcb36
Rookie

Superchips has horrible customer service..the programmer itself is okay if u can keep from bouncing off the rev limiter at wot..I would start with a free flowing exhaust, cai, then programmer.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:12 PM
1 bad bolt
Amateur

i just got a cortex for my 08 with the hemi and have some questions hoping to get some light shinned my way to help understand the tuner better.

if i use the quick tunes can i still make my adjustments to them far as tire size ?

is there any base lines to starting points on advanced tuning for shift adjustments?

im going to buy the trans tune upgrade also .

im use my truck mostly for towing and have no idea where to put all the settings for the tow tune and for the 91 perf tune . i know each truck is its own so none are the same but a starting point on everything would help out for me. my mods are banks monster exhaust, vararam intake , 180 thermostat .

Old 08-29-2012, 12:18 PM
1 bad bolt
Amateur

Does the tranny tune app come with a super chips tune or do you have to tune all of it on your own ?

Old 08-31-2012, 08:03 AM
silverram22s
Rookie

I put a the flash paq on my 05 hemi yesterday and with 091 tune with wot its shifting from 1st to 2nd at 5800 and from 2nd to 3rd at 5750. Seemed a little high to me so what should I put them at?

Old 08-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Rich 2500
Veteran

If that is the WOT shift points I think you're good.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:19 PM
klruff1
Rookie

OK, got my Flashpaq 3865, installed the 91 tune and SC trans tune, loved the performance, but kept reading about the user trans tuning option, so I went ahead and upgraded my unit. I installed "Scotts 2005 Shift Schedule", and found it a little too agressive (winding gears and downshifts too much/often), so I switched it to "Scott's 05 Less Agressive" schedule with some minor tweaks. I have a few questions:

1. Shifting seems nice, but the shifts seem much more snappy then they used too be. Is that part of the tune?

2. I notice a clunk type of feel/noise when slowing down, off the gas coming to a stop, it seems to happen when the trans shifts from 2nd gear to 1st, is that normal? Never had that feeling with the stock or Superchips trans tune.

3. What is the torque management feature and is there a schedule to adjust it? I think I read that the less the number, the quicker the shift (snappy shifts), but didn't want to mess with it until I knew what to set it to, didn't see anything about it with the trans schedules I printed out.

Thanks for any info/advice.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:09 AM
jcb36
Rookie

I had that same clunk without the upgrade when I first got my tuner. After updating it disappeared.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:20 PM
klruff1
Rookie

This tuning of the trans is still confusing to me. I decided to lower the downshifting on "Scott's Less Agressive" shift schedule back down to near stock settings. It took away the clucking of the downshifts when coming to a stop, but I lost the ability to downshift at speed when pegging the acceletator. I changed it up, kept Scotts schedule for upshifts, and change downshifts to the Superchips schedule, which wasn't too bad. If I could figure out what to change on Scott's downshift schedule, I would keep his and smooth out a few things, but I have no clue how to tackle this. I want to keep the smoothness of the downshift when coasting to a stop, but have a quicker downshift than the SC program, but not as much as Scott's as I felt everytime I barely touched the gas pedal, the truck would downshift. Got a little annoying during normal non-racing style driving. Can anyone tell me what to adjust on Scott's schedule? Also, still am wondering if there is a torque management schedule? There seems to ba many adjustments for the TM, wondering if anyone has a "schedule" I could try out for my 2005 5.7 Hemi Daytona 4x4 QC?

Thanks for any info/advice.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates