4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bakflip HD - not so HD

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010 | 06:58 AM
TurboGPZ
Professional

I am going to buy a BAK just because the bed stakes holes are exposed and I can put a rack on when the box is covered.

Old 04-02-2010 | 03:22 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TurboGPZ
I am going to buy a BAK just because the bed stakes holes are exposed and I can put a rack on when the box is covered.
That's wonderful Turbo!

You can expect to be taken care of in every sense of the word. I am sure you will see that our customer service and products are indeed top notch and that you won't find a better tonneau out there for your needs!

I'm looking forward to being able to assist you wherever possible.

Regards,

Julian
BAK

Old 04-02-2010 | 03:24 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by duck888ltd
I got my G2 yesterday. I am very pleased with the cover. It had a very large scratch on the center panel which I am working on getting resolved, but it is a very nice product. I didn't realize you had to lift the rear section to close the tailgate which is probably my fault for not reading, but I will admit to my mistake. Hopefully BAK will take care of the scratch and I will be a happy customer.

Thanks BAK!
Hi Duck,

I will personally be away next week for Spring Break with the kids, so if you need your scratch taken care of, please get hold of lauren@bakliner.com . I will instruct her to make sure you are taken care of swiftly and to your satisfaction.

ALl the best,

Julain
BAK

Old 04-02-2010 | 03:34 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TonyNJ
I'm glad I saw this thread, I was about to purchase this cover for my 2010 and now I will pass. Warranty and customer service speak loudly today with the power of the internet. It amazes me that vendors will hold on to any argument to save a few bucks and not please the customer.
Tony,

Since I personally learned of the one issue being blown out of proportion on this thread, I made a personal offer to not only repair but upgrade the tonneau in question to our top of the line F! at no charge! What else am I supposed to do? How can this be considered trying to save a buck? With respect Tony, you can call us anything you want, but if you look at the facts, I have done nothing to deserve the sort of comments that some have left here. We are doing everything in the vain of good business practice and customer support. If the customer elects not to capitalize on my offer, then that's not the fault of us as a company. It's simply a matter of cutting his nose to spite his face. if not, then send me the cover back and allow me to replace it with a brand new F1. That's stellar customer service and if you read my personal comments from the get go, you will notice that I have never done or said anything other than kind and helpful words to assist.

I only hope you're able to find that we're not a company that snubs our loyal customers, but quite the contrary. we take a personal interest in the matter. I am the president of BAK and I am on here trying to help personally. that's more than you can say for any other tonneau company out there!

In closing, I recently learned through a thread that a guys tonneau was damaged as a result of a falling acorn. We went ahead and replaced his cover with a brand new F1. Is that bad customer service? Do the research yourself and you'll come to find that you'll go a long way to find a company as passionate and committed to customer service and satisfaction as BAK Industries.

I personally guarantee it!

Regards,

Julian Maimin

Old 04-02-2010 | 04:42 PM
oldjeep
|
Champion

Originally Posted by jmaimin
Tony,

Since I personally learned of the one issue being blown out of proportion on this thread, I made a personal offer to not only repair but upgrade the tonneau in question to our top of the line F! at no charge!
Julian Maimin

At no point has anyone ever offered me a free upgrade to an F1. I was offered a chance (by Lauren) to upgrade to an F1 for $465 + shipping.

I still have all of the emails from Lauren if there is any question of that.

Last edited by oldjeep; 04-02-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2010 | 04:48 PM
MADMAXIN22
Professional

+1 more owner that won't be considering this brand... If the truck took damage, i can understand not standing by the product, but if the tonneau was dinged by tiny hail then sounds like something i dont want... taking care of one customer goes a long way, "act of god" lol, god wanted that tonneau to dent but not the truck!!

Old 04-02-2010 | 04:57 PM
oldjeep
|
Champion

OK, we'll give this a try - I sent this to Julian via PM. I'd be happier than anyone to resolve this

I'm not sure how much you know about the emails I exchanged with Lauren, but at no time was I offered a replacement HD or F1. I was offered an F1 for $465 + shipping by her earlier this year.

If you are serious about a replacement I would like to take you up on your offer.

If you send a replacement for a 2009 Crewcab (5ft 7" box)

To:
Chuck Pxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxx, MN xxxxxx

I will package up my damaged cover and send it back in the box the new one arrives in.

Chuck Pxxxxxx

Old 04-02-2010 | 06:55 PM
oldjeep
|
Champion

I did recieve a response from Julian who has said that they will be shipping me a new cover.

Thank you Julian, I look forward to receiving it

Old 04-02-2010 | 07:11 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by oldjeep
I did recieve a response from Julian who has said that they will be shipping me a new cover.

Thank you Julian, I look forward to receiving it
You are welcome Chuck.

For readership convenience, I would not be opposed to you posting my response to you. I think it would be of value to this forum.

All the best,

Julian

Old 04-02-2010 | 07:14 PM
TonyNJ

Originally Posted by jmaimin
Tony,

Since I personally learned of the one issue being blown out of proportion on this thread, I made a personal offer to not only repair but upgrade the tonneau in question to our top of the line F! at no charge! What else am I supposed to do? How can this be considered trying to save a buck? With respect Tony, you can call us anything you want, but if you look at the facts, I have done nothing to deserve the sort of comments that some have left here. We are doing everything in the vain of good business practice and customer support. If the customer elects not to capitalize on my offer, then that's not the fault of us as a company. It's simply a matter of cutting his nose to spite his face. if not, then send me the cover back and allow me to replace it with a brand new F1. That's stellar customer service and if you read my personal comments from the get go, you will notice that I have never done or said anything other than kind and helpful words to assist.

I only hope you're able to find that we're not a company that snubs our loyal customers, but quite the contrary. we take a personal interest in the matter. I am the president of BAK and I am on here trying to help personally. that's more than you can say for any other tonneau company out there!

In closing, I recently learned through a thread that a guys tonneau was damaged as a result of a falling acorn. We went ahead and replaced his cover with a brand new F1. Is that bad customer service? Do the research yourself and you'll come to find that you'll go a long way to find a company as passionate and committed to customer service and satisfaction as BAK Industries.

I personally guarantee it!

Regards,

Julian Maimin

Julian, I appreciate your response to my concern and both me and my friend will be ordering your F1 cover. It's great when vendors come forward and correct issues with customers.
Can you pm me pricing on both F1 covers? My truck is a 2010 Quad Cab with the 6'4" bed and my buddy's truck is also a 2010 but he has a crew cab. Both are 1500's.
Thanks,
Tony

Quick Reply: Bakflip HD - not so HD