4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

ddm tuning hid lights. ordering guide inside.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 07:40 PM
crod
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ddm tuning hid lights. ordering guide inside.

hey guys, im not affiliated with them at all. i know some people on these boards and others have been very happy with their systems. well, before i ordered mine i contacted customer service about my vehicle and any extra capacitors or anything else i might need.

they said for a QUAD lighting system. (seperate hi and low bulbs)

we should order this kit. http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=102&parent=85 (for the quads its a h11 low beam)

they told me, that so far they have ONLY experienced problems with the dodge's that have 9005 type bulbs from the factory (dual filament, hi/low beam bulb)

also said we do not need error code eliminators that they sell, and the difference between the slim kit, and apexcore kit has something to do with how the igniter is mounted. ones internal and ones external. but they said stick with the apexcone kit for the quad system lighted rams....

hope this helps anyone else on the fence. i was going to go with the "other" lights on the board, but after seeing every other post about having problems i decided to pass on them and go with the ddm

Old 04-11-2010, 01:12 PM
WESIDE
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like the exact same kit at hidxtra xcept they are a third of the price. I would be cautious.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:03 PM
tombogue09
Captain

Ebay kits are alot cheaper than hidextra and they look the same. One guy here bought a $40 ebay kit and said it was the same

Old 04-11-2010, 02:31 PM
yount79

so, do we need a set of resistors after all?

Old 04-11-2010, 04:11 PM
WESIDE
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yes you will need the resistors

*Please keep in mind, certain vehicles may require you to run additional accessories for the HID kit to work properly.*

(Dodge Ram Owners – Most 04+ will need (2) 100 ohm 25W Resistors)

Old 04-11-2010, 06:05 PM
crod
All Star

like i said. i called them directly. they informed me that they have only experienced problems with dodge rams, that have a dual filament (hi and low beam in the same bulb) for low beams.

their are other members on this board with them also with no problems to date. well, that being said. i will let you know how it works out..

Old 04-12-2010, 01:03 PM
joker055
Amateur

I've actually got a DDM tuning HID Kit on my CBR1000 and absolutely love it. The price can't be beat and the quality and ease of installation is great. I've got friends swapping to DDM kits because the ballasts are so much smaller than other kits out there. One guy even installed them in the headlights and fog lights of his Mercury Cougar.

I've wanted to upgrade to HID's on my Ram since I got it, but I too spoke with them about it and was told the same thing about the dual headlight problem. I've been trying to confirm that it is possible to switch out the dual headlights for the quads without needing a completely new wireing harness. HOwever not one dealer/tech has been able to answer that for me. Would like to know for sure before ordering headlights and HID's I couldn't use.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:54 PM
crod
All Star

hey joker. the dual lamps they said was an easy capacitor add on...... call up customer service and chat with them...

Old 04-18-2010, 05:57 AM
NH HemiRamFan
Rookie

The capacitor is necessary for the system to work properly and continue to work properly! That has been my experience anyway. Ive gone through 4 different so called "plug and play" kits not to mention taken my grill off and headlights out so many times it was ridiculous! I listened to a few guys on here praising the HIDextra kit WITH capacitors (you have to write that in the notes when u order the kit). Works perfectly and I kept my sanity, which helped a lot as I had to tackle dialing in my SC programmer right after! The H10 (9145) fogs dont need a capacitor for those who didn't know. I only did the lows H11s and the fogs and the difference was HUGE over stock. If you've read this far into my rant, I will tell you "DONT" do your high beams. HID bulbs take a few secs to warm up so if you flash your highs to pass someone it wont work properly and is actually bad for the ignitor style bulbs (HIDs). And thats my brief answer on this topic....loose your mind messing with incomplete crappy kits and you'll be on here rambling too, lol. Good Luck

Old 04-18-2010, 08:04 AM
crod
All Star

Well I actually ended up goin with the hidextra after all. Ddm couldn't answer my questions in the long run where it seems extra has really good customer service

Quick Reply: ddm tuning hid lights. ordering guide inside.