4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

MDS TCC Droan Shutter issues: response from Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 03:10 PM
a_gunslinger
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a_gunslinger
Got a call from Chrysler today from their "Impartial Service Groups Investigation to Resolution Team". They are handing it over to the District Manager and Dealer. Should hear from DM in a couple days.

I had to laugh a little that the "Impartial Service Group" was turning it over - am I losing Impartiality?!? I hope to be wrong but not so sure how much impartiality I can get from a DM and Dealer.

Interesting discovery. I thought the Impartial Service Groups Investigation to Resolution Team (which I now lovingly call the ISG-IRT) was an internal Chrysler group. Nope, they farm it out. I requested details from them and they are:

Impartial Services Group
105 Decker Court, Suite 300
Irving, TX 75062
888-542-7239

Old 11-01-2010, 05:29 PM
maxbob82
Professional

Well i called my dealer and they act stupid. They said we havent heard anyone having any problems. So i know they dont know how to fix it. If you get a buyback im going to do what you did gunslinger.But i dont want to mess around with them for 2 months. I think i am going to save up and pay my truck off and sell it next spring. Just get rid of the problem.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:46 PM
kddsRam
Veteran

Originally Posted by maxbob82
.... I think i am going to save up and pay my truck off and sell it next spring. Just get rid of the problem.
or get a superchips flashpaq and shut the stupid MDS mode off right now. I had to flash back to stock for a week for a dealer trip and while there, had them check for PCM updates since I have never liked this MDS mode enabled when your only doing 25-30 MPH, I live on mostly back roads and it would be nice if could be set for highway speeds only. There was no PCM updates that came up since my last reflash for 'MDS improvements' but when I put the tune back on last weekend and disabled MDS again, - imo - it drives sooooo much better... the .5 mpg increase is not worth the constant in/out of MDS mode that it would constantly do. Reflashing back to stock for dealer trips sucks...

Last edited by kddsRam; 11-01-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:21 AM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

Heck I try to see how low my MDS will come on and then how far I can get with it on.Going through neighborhoods looking at foreclosures. With my Magnaflow exhaust I don't have to look.I can hear it on/off.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:36 AM
a_gunslinger
Rookie

Originally Posted by maxbob82
Well i called my dealer and they act stupid. They said we havent heard anyone having any problems. So i know they dont know how to fix it. If you get a buyback im going to do what you did gunslinger.But i dont want to mess around with them for 2 months. I think i am going to save up and pay my truck off and sell it next spring. Just get rid of the problem.

They may be stupid, but in this case warranted because there is no fix. As for Buy Back, you hsve to be committed, its going to take a while. No way they are going to just up and do the right thing. They will stall and try to drag me down with beaurocracy.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:22 AM
jawsdc
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a_gunslinger
Interesting discovery. I thought the Impartial Service Groups Investigation to Resolution Team (which I now lovingly call the ISG-IRT) was an internal Chrysler group. Nope, they farm it out. I requested details from them and they are:

Impartial Services Group
105 Decker Court, Suite 300
Irving, TX 75062
888-542-7239
Wow, that address is a driver, 5 iron from me. should i go over and see what they are driving? if truly an impartial group, i would expect to find a variety of vehicle makes.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:07 PM
maxbob82
Professional

I will have the dealer shut it off. Cause if i do it and 50,000 miles down the road the motor blows, i can see Crysler say you shut the mds off. We arent covering it now.

The bottom line is it is not right. They need to fix it or take the truck back. I am a plumber and i dont install **** that leaks and say, well its only leaking a little bit. Just ignore it.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:54 PM
dahemi

Mine does it but i'm happy when it does, it means i'm getting better fuel milage.
I don't understand trading/selling something when there is nothing wrong with it. It is acting the way it is set up to work.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:24 PM
cobraowner

I have a 2010 Dodge Ram CC Laramie 4x4. I have this exact issue. I wouldn't call it a vibration as much as what sounds like a miss to me.

My truck is at my local dealership right now but they haven't seen this issue yet. Supposedly the service tech is going to a class in Auburn Hills on friday and said he would ask about it there.

I'll let them know the additional info about the MDS/TCC item.

I owned a 2009 truck that was nearly identical to this 2010 and it did not exhibit this same behavior. My dad also has a 2009 QC Laramie that does not stutter like my 2010 does as well.

I plan to keep on the dealership to see if we can't find a resolution. Driving in tow/haul mode is much more enjoyable since it shuts down the MDS and doesn't make this noise.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:28 PM
jaflowers
Professional

My truck is just turning 60,000 miles now. Last week the dealer took it from me to do the 60K tune up. They changed the front/rear diff. fluid, the transmission fluid and the plugs and associated filters. Now, even with the Superchips flash, I have a slight shudder at a few different speeds.... mostly when I'm not accelerating. Looked at my paperwork and noticed they used 5W-30 oil.... not the stated 5W-20 as they have clearly used in the past per older paperwork. MDS is a sensitive system according to all the reading I've done and maybe the little bit heavier oil they just used is causing it to act up. I'm getting it changed tomorrow to 5W-20 and will post if I see a real change. Also since the tune up last week..... my mileage has dropped by at least 1.5-2 mpg even at highway speeds and driving it like a granny with the mileage tune programmed in. So far all I can think of is the oil difference. They did install new tires but the were the OEM tires that it's had on all along. I figured new tires would give better mileage so I'm not suspecting them.

Quick Reply: MDS TCC Droan Shutter issues: response from Dodge