4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Angry beyond words

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:23 PM
HaydenWar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Angry beyond words

I ordered a Ranch sportwrap tonneau from AutoAnything on Sep 24 and received it on Oct 7. I removed it from the box and checked it over before signing the bill of lading and sending the Fedex driver on his way. I was working that day and the next 5 or so so I returned it to the box and placed it in my garage. On my day off I once again remove it from the box and take it outside to install and upone removing the paint protection film(the white plastic stuff find major paint blemishes and a large crack in the tonneau. I immediately call auto anything and ask for a replacement, they ask if I signed the bill of lading and stated that if I did there is nothing they can do. Did they really expect me to remove the paint protection right off of the truck and leave it uncovered until I was ready to install? Anyway here it is Nov 17 and I still have the useless tonneau sitting in my garage after calling both Autoanything and Ranch fiberglass numerous times, emailing them pictures etc. they still say it must have been damaged in shipping and that fedex will not reimburse them due to me signing the bill of lading. I guess i am just out $900 and I should get over it but I am going to keep calling and banging my head off of the wall.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would be calling and raising all kinds of holy hell with their claims and customer service department. Damaged in shipping is still damage in shipping. If I sign for something, I'm not even going to open right then and there. When I got my wheels, one was bent and I had already signed for that. No, check that, an employee of mine signed for it because I was out to lunch. I called 4wheel online and they made it right.

Don't just roll over and give up. Keep calling back.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:32 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Man that sucks. Shipping something these days make me cringe. UPS beats the hell out of damn near everything I ever get. Not much experience with Fed Ex. Sounds like both parties are at fault. The paint issues under the film had to be from the seller. Maybe the crack was them too. Stay on their @ss.

Last edited by TNtech; 11-17-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:26 PM
05Dakotaho
Record Breaker

Does signing the bill of lading indicate that you accept the condition of the merchandise...or simply that you have taken delivery of it.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 05Dakotaho
Does signing the bill of lading indicate that you accept the condition of the merchandise...or simply that you have taken delivery of it.
It doesn't matter either way. If he raises a big enough stink, they will go around it. Been there done that with a trucking company. Had to get a lawyer in my case, but we are talking over $100,000 in destroyed product and not $900.

I love claims and company bobble heads that we have to deal with.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:33 PM
HaydenWar
Rookie

According to AutoAnything it means I accepted the condition of the merchandise according to the bill of lading it indicates that the plastic wrap was still around the carton and the carton was undamaged. this is a picture of the most serious damage.

the rest is just bubbles in the paint. The only way I can see that that damage was caused in shipping would be that the shipping strap was way too tight, but you would think that that would have also damaged the box. Also AutoAnything has the rudest customer service I have ever had to deal with, nothing is their fault since all they do is send an order to the company and the company ships.

Last edited by HaydenWar; 11-17-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:26 PM
wmichell227
Veteran

Never deal with customer service! Go straight to management. CS has no discretion. A manager (or someone higher) has the ability to make it right

Old 11-17-2010, 05:20 PM
AutoAnything
Former Vendor

Hello HaydenWar,
I apologize for your experience with your order. Please call me directly and I will make sure we get this taken care of for you! You can reach me at 800-874-8888 ext 7901 or email me at ckreston@autoanything.com.

This goes for all forum members, we are passionate about our customer service so please contact me with any issues you have and I will see to it that we get your issue resolved. Thank you!

Regards,
Clark Kreston
AutoAnything
Customer Service Manager

Old 11-18-2010, 08:04 AM
JohnKoz
Rookie

Thanks for passing this along HaydenWar,

I’ve purchased from AutoAnything in the past and never needed their customer service, sounds like it’s not something I want to experience.

I’ll be on my toes if I order anything else from them, it’s a shame it takes a public exhibition to coerce them into being ethical. It could just be that they have to replace the customer service rep that you’ve spoken with.

Let us know how it goes…

-John

Old 11-18-2010, 04:24 PM
HaydenWar
Rookie

Mr Kreston from AutoAnything did call today and is working hard to make this right. I will keep you updated on how this turns out.

Quick Reply: Angry beyond words