4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

f150 Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011 | 11:25 AM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by Powerubi Wacon
That is going to change with the 2011 F-150 with the 3.5L V6 and 6.2L V8 engines! I hope you like reading vanity plates on the back of trucks...like, "BLEWBYU".

LOL, after years of being *pathetically* underpowered, Ford has resorted to throwing turbos and cubic inches out there in a frantic attempt to catch up to the competition. Not going to cut it, the new F-150's are still a slug of a truck in the 15 and possibly high 14 second range......yawn. Titans, Tundras, Chevies and Hemis will keep the F-150 where it has always been, in last place - No change to failure. Now you may be reading their plates I dunno, but nothing is going to change for me – I will continue to enjoy handing their *** to them.

Old 01-23-2011 | 11:33 AM
1954Radio
Captain

Originally Posted by Powerubi Wacon
That is going to change with the 2011 F-150 with the 3.5L V6 and 6.2L V8 engines! I hope you like reading vanity plates on the back of trucks...like, "BLEWBYU".
Heh...you're getting your info from bogus videos made and sponsored by Ford reps. If I were to race someone up a hill with my truck and floor it from the start I'd burn the tires up and would have to pepper it not to because of the weight behind me and the torque from my truck. As a matter of fact, just about any vehicle with power would peel out much easier going up a hill whether a tow was behind it or not than on level ground, you'd have trouble trying not to with it floored...I know because I tow fluently with Chevy and Dodge and have done it. I never saw any of that in those vids as if they took off without trying. Same goes for the vids when the Fords raced the Chevy and the Ram. No peel outs and I could even see where the Ram let off the gas because it started to pass the Eco Crapper (Ford driver, lol) and they couldn't let that happen on film could they, lol! No disrespect meant to you Sir, but you're talking out of your *** and not getting through to any Mopar fans here! There is a Ford Wonderland forum just around the corner where you can go share your fairy tails along with the rest of dreamers, lol! I'll say it again and again..Ford sux, lol! They suck so bad that they have to "TWIN" turbo (twice the power of a single) an engine to make it work, and use their biggest 6.2 against a measly 5.7 to try and hang with it. Not to mention their square box bodies are dinosaur "TRUCK" design to say the least...the Ram is sporty and sexy and even look fast with a natrually aspirated six cylinder...hah!

Old 01-27-2011 | 01:54 PM
Powerubi Wacon
Veteran

Well fine then. Bah!

Quick Reply: f150 Raptor