4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Trolls

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011 | 03:32 PM
Gary C.
|
Veteran
Angry Trolls

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting more than a little tired of the constant Dodge bashing that a couple of people on these boards seem to live for. It's one thing to offer useful critical advice or information, but those of you who do nothing but reply to threads about how crappy Dodge trucks are, how you'd never buy another Ram, etc. offer nothing of value at all to the discussion. We don't need your constant whining.

If you're really that unhappy with your Dodge purchase, take it up with Dodge, or go join a Ford forum where this drivel has an audience. The vast majority of us here are generally happy with Dodge, like our trucks, and recognize that nobody produces a perfect vehicle. We can appreciate all the good things, and look for ways to make the the bad things better.

Your clever little acronyms really aren't so clever, and I for one am hoping the moderators start to delete these troll postings, because they have no place here. Like I said, go join a Ford forum.

Old 01-30-2011 | 04:54 PM
05Dakotaho
Record Breaker

A little defensive are we?

Old 01-30-2011 | 04:58 PM
Gary C.
|
Veteran

Originally Posted by 05Dakotaho
A little defensive are we?
Of what?

Old 01-30-2011 | 05:02 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Actually, I have to admit, he's got a good point. I mean I'm all for freedom-of-speech and all that, but I have to pretty much be all over this forum and it gets old. It probably isn't but about 5% of the active members who are always down on the brand and bashing, but they seem to find a way to get a negative post or two in every thread.

I'll be the first one to point out product shortcomings and where Chrysler has completely dropped the ball, especially when a prospective buyer is asking about issues. But the guys who get on and bi*ch about their paint fading when they've not touched the truck with wax in the six years they've owned it, or the guy who blew an engine revving the sh*t out of it, not changing the oil for 10k miles, running nothing but the cheapest, 87 octane gas he can find, and still running the original plugs and filters after 75k miles just kinda gets my goat after a while...

Old 01-30-2011 | 05:03 PM
05Dakotaho
Record Breaker

This pretty much sums it up:

If you're really that unhappy with your Dodge purchase, take it up with Dodge, or go join a Ford forum
Based on the numerous complaints that I've read on this forum, I'd say that Dodge deserves some of the bashing.

Anyway, this is no one's private forum so I say let the comments flow as they may.

Old 01-30-2011 | 05:06 PM
Gary C.
|
Veteran

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Actually, I have to admit, he's got a good point. I mean I'm all for freedom-of-speech and all that, but I have to pretty much be all over this forum and it gets old. It probably isn't but about 5% of the active members who are always down on the brand and bashing, but they seem to find a way to get a negative post or two in every thread.

I'll be the first one to point out product shortcomings and where Chrysler has completely dropped the ball, especially when a prospective buyer is asking about issues. But the guys who get on and bi*ch about their paint fading when they've not touched the truck with wax in the six years they've owned it, or the guy who blew an engine revving the sh*t out of it, not changing the oil for 10k miles, running nothing but the cheapest, 87 octane gas he can find, and still running the original plugs and filters after 75k miles just kinda gets my goat after a while...
Exactly. I don't know any of us that's 100% satisfied about our rigs, but the same can be said for other brand owners as well. I'm just tired of the few that add nothing of value and just bash Dodge every chance they get. I find it hard to believe the haters have an audience here... I like to think 99% of us here still see some redeeming value in our trucks, and have no use for the negativity.

Old 01-30-2011 | 05:46 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

I've got to say, (owning a Ford, Chevy and now Ram truck, but stull own a Ford truck as well) I've enjoyed my Ram 1500 a lot more then any of the other trucks I've owned. Hell, my 02' Dakota 360 SLT+ 4x4 could ran circles around my Ford. Each has it owns problems, but trolling around forums for attention is just plain asinine!!!

Old 01-30-2011 | 06:26 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

I couldn't agree more with this thread, its one thing to note an issue, discuss solutions and other projects, but to lose reality on what the truth is on how things are done and get resolved, especially when all of the automakers do the same thing to some degree (some more some less), I agree Gary C, good thread! It sorta sometimes like a bunch of girls whining about thier periods, just MHO and I am LMAO @itches.

Last edited by rolltidehemi; 01-30-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2011 | 07:03 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by Gary C.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting more than a little tired of the constant Dodge bashing that a couple of people on these boards seem to live for. It's one thing to offer useful critical advice or information, but those of you who do nothing but reply to threads about how crappy Dodge trucks are, how you'd never buy another Ram, etc. offer nothing of value at all to the discussion. We don't need your constant whining.

If you're really that unhappy with your Dodge purchase, take it up with Dodge, or go join a Ford forum where this drivel has an audience. The vast majority of us here are generally happy with Dodge, like our trucks, and recognize that nobody produces a perfect vehicle. We can appreciate all the good things, and look for ways to make the the bad things better.

Your clever little acronyms really aren't so clever, and I for one am hoping the moderators start to delete these troll postings, because they have no place here. Like I said, go join a Ford forum.

Agreed! I am tired of it too, I try not to respond because I don't want to jack the thread (and it generally doesn't make them happy either). The Ford BS on this Forum is getting pretty thick; fortunately it’s so outrageous it doesn't warrant a response. I don’t care about Furds at all, I come here to read about Dodges and Hemis…..you know the engine Furd has no answer to.

Old 01-30-2011 | 07:06 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain

Originally Posted by 05Dakotaho
This pretty much sums it up:

Based on the numerous complaints that I've read on this forum, I'd say that Dodge deserves some of the bashing.

Anyway, this is no one's private forum so I say let the comments flow as they may.
I read the Ford truck forums and the problems there are magnitudes worse than whatI hear here LOL. Oh, and I NEVER chime in and bash Fords on their forums but if you come here bashing Dodge you can expect me to defend them.