4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Rain Guards

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:32 PM
pulleyman123
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rain Guards

I'm looking to purchase some rain guards and see there are two options:
Outisde Mount (sticks to door)
In-Channel Mount

I am wondering if anyone has either positive or negative comments about either setup. Just wondering which one to purchase.
Thanks.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:58 PM
ksfis43

In-Channel - much cleaner look

Old 04-01-2011, 02:03 PM
pulleyman123
Rookie

No leaking to worry about? Easy install I'm assuming? Brand recommendation?

Old 04-01-2011, 04:03 PM
WNDERR
Veteran

Weathertech gets real high grades.......

Old 04-01-2011, 06:31 PM
pulleyman123
Rookie

I have read some reviews of people having the In-Channel rain guards vibrate. Not many reviews, but a few. I'm wondering if they maybe installed them incorrectly or this is a possibility. Also am wondering if the rain guards can be removed if necessary, once they are in the channel.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:44 PM
plumcrazy73
Captain

I had both on my truck, I like the in channel better less noise with the windows up. oo and I have the AVS ones on both, my in channels are the standard ones not the seamless. would love to seen some weathertechs first though.

I have no issues on mine, on the drivers side it leaves a smalll hole near the mirror but does not effect anything. Not sure why other then maybe bad tooling on one side or something may look into getting a replacement for it.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:46 AM
Der Dummkopf
Professional

I bought Putco window visors (IN-CHANNEL) and painted them. The workmanship was kind of shotty and had fractures on the tips which was kind of a challenge to put in the window due to fear of a complete fracture. I was thinking of taking them off. I've only had them for four days. Window seems to adhere to the window in sunny southern cali. So, Everytime I lower the window it makes a horrible noise. Any one have any tips on getting rid of the "sticky" noise?

Old 04-02-2011, 07:48 AM
plumcrazy73
Captain

little Vaseline on a q tip and lube it a bit then you will just have to wipe off the excess off the windows

Old 04-02-2011, 08:34 AM
laramie09
Rookie

I have egr in channels. They look much better than the standard tape on ones. My only warning is that if you're a smoker there is not much clearance between the window and the rain guard. In other words, be prepared to melt your new rain guards when flicking your ashes lol

Old 04-02-2011, 09:40 AM
jram99
Veteran

I've had both. But my in channel ones were bought about 15 years ago, not sure if the mounting process has changed any since then. Don't remember the brand but they were stailess and screwed in with small screws which required drilling small pilot holes in the channel. The seemed great at first but then I started noticing small scratches right at the top of the window where the glass was rubbing on the screw heads. When the screws rusted over I finally removed them and went with the stick on type. I don't really mind the look of the stick ons, but I will admit the in channel looked cleaner. I prefer the stick ons now because they don't require drilling and when the double sided tape finally gave way, I was able to go to Lowes and buy new 3m tape that worked perfectly. The stick ons were also a whole lot easier to install as well. Jeff.

Quick Reply: Rain Guards