4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

LED Tail Lights (Spyder or others)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012 | 10:07 AM
RAMeister
|
Rookie
Arrow

Originally Posted by InterpunX
Mine used to do that but now since i've tapped my led bed lights to my cargo light, my cargo light is no longer dim, but the bed lights are. So i guess i moved the problem from one place to another. I don't mind it though it has a dim light in the bed when the truck is running.
Interesting... which BEDLIGHTS did you decide on?

Old 02-24-2012 | 11:50 AM
InterpunX
Captain

Originally Posted by RAMeister
Interesting... which BEDLIGHTS did you decide on?
I got them from gorecon.com

Old 02-26-2012 | 01:33 PM
RAMeister
|
Rookie

I got them from gorecon.com
I'm thinking after the poor design of the $100.00- RECON 3rd brake light (IE made specifically for a vehicle and then not work correctly), I'm done with the RECON's over priced stuff. I can buy lights that don't work correctly for A LOT LESS! Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-26-2012 | 05:53 PM
InterpunX
Captain

Originally Posted by RAMeister
I'm thinking after the poor design of the $100.00- RECON 3rd brake light (IE made specifically for a vehicle and then not work correctly), I'm done with the RECON's over priced stuff. I can buy lights that don't work correctly for A LOT LESS! Just my 2 cents.
Yup i totally agree. Next vehicle (which probably won't be for awhile) i'll learn to shop on ebay and find the same stuff for cheaper. I really don't understand their prices it's ridiculous, both my headlights have condensation in them when going to the carwash, that pisses me off quite a bit.

Old 02-26-2012 | 07:00 PM
RAMeister
|
Rookie
Exclamation

Yup i totally agree. Next vehicle (which probably won't be for awhile) i'll learn to shop on ebay and find the same stuff for cheaper. I really don't understand their prices it's ridiculous, both my headlights have condensation in them when going to the carwash, that pisses me off quite a bit.
We all live and learn...

Old 01-11-2013 | 11:59 PM
misfit1981

I've got a '12 Ram 1500 and am interested in the LED taillights. Is there any comparison of lumens output for the Recon, Spider, Sonar, etc? I am only interested in the Red lens or possibly the clear, but definitely not the smoked lenses...

Old 02-10-2013 | 10:27 AM
RAMeister
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by misfit1981
I've got a '12 Ram 1500 and am interested in the LED taillights. Is there any comparison of lumens output for the Recon, Spider, Sonar, etc? I am only interested in the Red lens or possibly the clear, but definitely not the smoked lenses...
Not that I've seen... I'd be interesting it learning that as well...

Old 03-30-2013 | 03:48 PM
RAMeister
|
Rookie
Smile

Well I finally got around to updating my front lights... considered the projector Retro Shop setup, too much $$'s IMO.
So I collected the following and installed them this morning. About $150 in the entire set-up...

All in all very pleased with the results, I'll have to test them tonight and see how much difference they make, the Switchback LEDs from iJDMtoy.com, required a load resistor, other than that it was straight forward.

Last edited by RAMeister; 06-14-2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Image Link repaired

Quick Reply: LED Tail Lights (Spyder or others)