4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Tailgate Anti-Theft suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:53 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Capn Preshoot
I too have a Mossberg-500 for home defense purposes, and you're right about the sound of a round being chambered. Only sound like it in the world and a great deterrent (and laxative) to would-be evildoers.

Alas, we can't always be there with our shoulder and hand cannons and as we all know, nobody pays any attention to a car alarm going off. The hose clamp trick slows 'em way down when they're otherwise in a hurry, plus it's a lot less paperwork.
Thats why i have a "silent alarm" that only page`s just me. I`m never far from my truck either, so for somebody to try and steal my tailgate, they wont even get it open before i have a gun sight on them. Whenever i go to town, i also have 2 extra large dogs that ride in the box and 1 large dog inside the cab. Trust me, nobody is gonna fugg with my truck OR me. I myself too, ignore those chirpity chirp chirp car alarms. Those types of alarms are really worthless anyway. When i ride around with the MC on our bikes, we cant help but to set off those little city folk car alarms just for some fun...lol

Old 01-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Capn Preshoot
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scooter Trash, eh? just kidding..

Old 01-30-2012, 11:51 PM
LU229
Banned

Scooter Trash, eh? just kidding..
Ouch, that hurt...lol
Some love us, some hate us, but nobody f__ks with us (not even our trucks get messed with without somebody gettin beat...!)

Old 01-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Capn Preshoot
Professional

Originally Posted by LU229
Ouch, that hurt...lol
Some love us, some hate us, but nobody f__ks with us (not even our trucks get messed with without somebody gettin beat...!)
And so the truth comes out. Every devoted Harley owner, as part of the ownership "experience" is required to have a pickup truck to haul it back home.... (sorry but you left your guard down)

Back on topic, I had a bed liner sprayed in Monday & when I picked it up and inspected the job I noticed that my "CTTT" (Custom Tailgate Theft Thwarter) had been removed (!) and put back on in reverse. Obviously they pulled the tailgate off to spray the liner onto it & then during reassembly didn't realize the signifigance of direction the clamp was originally facing (or else didn't want to crawl around on the ground -again- to put it back like they found it). I'm sure they cussed me when taking it off.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread turned out hilarous lol...

Old 01-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Dawizman
Rookie

I added the power lock to my tailgate. It now locks with my FOB.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:24 AM
LU229
Banned

And so the truth comes out. Every devoted Harley owner, as part of the ownership "experience" is required to have a pickup truck to haul it back home.... (sorry but you left your guard down)

Back on topic, I had a bed liner sprayed in Monday & when I picked it up and inspected the job I noticed that my "CTTT" (Custom Tailgate Theft Thwarter) had been removed (!) and put back on in reverse. Obviously they pulled the tailgate off to spray the liner onto it & then during reassembly didn't realize the signifigance of direction the clamp was originally facing (or else didn't want to crawl around on the ground -again- to put it back like they found it). I'm sure they cussed me when taking it off.
OK THATS IT...!!!!!.... I HAVE NOW PUT A CURSE YOUR BEDLINER...!!!!!
MAY THE FLEA`S OF A THOUSAND CAMELS INFEST YOUR ARMPITS TONIGHT..!!!!

(heheheheheeeeeeeeeee)

Old 02-01-2012, 01:26 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by Dawizman
I added the power lock to my tailgate. It now locks with my FOB.
Better keep`r lubed really good and very often... mine didnt last 6 months and it was seized up

Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Capn Preshoot
Professional

Originally Posted by LU229
Better keep`r lubed really good and very often... mine didnt last 6 months and it was seized up
That's a potential with any mechanical locking mechanism, particularly in the northern climates where at certain times of the year you wonder why you live there when only farmers and fools do and you've never plowed any ground in your life.

The addition of the key lock (or a power lock) to the tailgate is a nice gesture by the mfr, but a simple 99¢ hose clamp accomplishes much the same thing without inconveniencing you to have to fxxx with the dang key or freezing up, requiring you to wait for Spring or else waste a pint of good hooch to thaw it out.

Personally I favor the K.I.S.S. method.

Also remember that you're never too old to learn something stupid.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Capn Preshoot
Professional

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
This thread turned out hilarous lol...
Are you up there where they say things like "YOUSE-GUYS"
That's like us Texan's explaining that the plural of y'all is all-y'all

Quick Reply: Tailgate Anti-Theft suggestion