4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Anyone interested in my 09 RCSB Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 04:04 PM
frogslinger
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not think the new grill is any larger... I think that is an optical illusion created by the colouring. In fact with the small angled areas at the bottom corners, it may infact be smaller... I did some quick and dirty measurements of the pictures and the bumpers (the white area on the 13 and the chrome area plus the tan area on the 12) are the same height. The grills are the same height... so unless I am missing something the grill is about the same size or slightly smaller.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:43 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarGuyOhio
I can give or take the new front end, I think when the 13 is unmasked it will look good. I have to believe some cool headlights like what is in the 300.

A few things leaned me towards the 12.

1. If they bolt up the 8 speed to the Hemi I do not want to be the first to run it in a truck.
2. I suspect a little higher MSRP. Rumor is the keyless go will be standard in the sport and I would not doubt so will the radio. I am sure they will bump the price based on these two things and to be honest, they are not must haves for me.
3. I really like the interior on our trucks and I am sure it will get a slight redesign given the new radio requirements. I also like the seats that come standard in the Sport. Mine show zero wear at 50K. They may not change them but do not want to chance that.
4. Last... Some artciles say a "possible redesigned hood". I do not buy that though, to me it looks like the same hood and the bigger grill was achived by cutting into the bumper. But.... If the hood was redesigned I do not want to get into a situation where the "sport hood" was not available out of the gate and having to wait for that. I WANT the sport hood bad!

So all those things weighed on it. Plus the interest rates right now, getting 2.49% over 72, the rebates currently on the RAM, likely to not be there early in the 13 run.... All sorts of facotrs.

I did get some bad news today though.... I have my VIN already (ordered last Tue), but.... They are building it in Mexico and I live 50 miles from Warren! That will add about 2 weeks of time to the delivery. I hope this was done due to Warren just being busy and this option will be faster, or maybe Warren does not do RC's, that all use to happen in St. Louis so I am out of touch as to where they can and cannot build a RC now. Oh, and I think I have my truck sold already!! Will know tonight.
Last time i bought one in 2010, ALL the regular cab dodge/ram trucks ARE all made in satillo mexico. The hemi engines are all also built in mexico as well. The transmissions are made in usa... probably why thers issues with them... to many overpaid union drunk`s and doper`s assembleing them...lol. Good luck with the 2012, personally i would have kept the 09 due to the lifetime warranty.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:15 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I do not keep daily driver trucks long enough to worry about cashing in on a warranty that on the new truck will take me to 100K miles LOL

Yes, I have since learned all HD and Reg Cab 1500s are built in Mexico. The trucks I got out of St. Louis were always put together well, hope this one is as well.

It is suppose to be on the rails this Sunday, but as of Monday it was still D1. It should only take 4 days to get through the line though, so if they started on it today they may be able to keep the ship date. Plan to call Thursday night to see if there has been movement.

And if you want to see it, here is what I ordered, at least from a look standpoint (minus the steps). Add a slider, 3.92, remote start, hitch, anti-slip diff, and of course I have that hood!

http://www.contemporarycdj.com/new/R...a15ba16ba8.htm

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 03-13-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:28 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

A guy I work with had this exact truck pictured, color, hood, etc..., minus the step-bars option. One thing he added was the Bushwacker OE Style fender flares and had them color matched. Ultimately I just ordered my flares after seeing his and will be installing them this coming weekend on my sport.

Congrats on the new rig!

Old 03-15-2012, 01:01 AM
LU229
Banned

I do not keep daily driver trucks long enough to worry about cashing in on a warranty that on the new truck will take me to 100K miles LOL

Yes, I have since learned all HD and Reg Cab 1500s are built in Mexico. The trucks I got out of St. Louis were always put together well, hope this one is as well.

It is suppose to be on the rails this Sunday, but as of Monday it was still D1. It should only take 4 days to get through the line though, so if they started on it today they may be able to keep the ship date. Plan to call Thursday night to see if there has been movement.

And if you want to see it, here is what I ordered, at least from a look standpoint (minus the steps). Add a slider, 3.92, remote start, hitch, anti-slip diff, and of course I have that hood!

http://www.contemporarycdj.com/new/R...a15ba16ba8.htm
NICE choice dude..! Buddie of mine has the exact same color on his.
I wouldnt worry to much about the quality of it because it was made in mexico, i`ve had both the mex an the usa built, couldnt tell the difference in my honest opinion, just didnt like the fact that after i bought it that it said it was made in mexico. I only support usa made stuff if i`m the one buying it. Most people it wouldnt bother them, but then again, i buy harley`s for a reason. American made, and supporting american family workers is just my thing.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:23 AM
CarGuyOhio

We have movement. So far they have made their planned schedule.

Ordered 2-27.
As of 3-15 it has been built and on plant release and scheduled to go onto a rail car 3-16.
Hit TX 3-19, switch cars/tracks
Hit IL 3-21, switch cars/tracks
Arrive in OH on 3-27 and the dealer on 4-2.

Of course those dates could change and are really out of Chrysler's hands and in the shippers (3rd party). So Chrysler appears to have held up their end of the deal.

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 03-16-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:07 PM
huntergreen
Professional

my last 3 dodges were all built in mexico, hate to say it, but the quality might be a little better from down there.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:25 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by huntergreen
my last 3 dodges were all built in mexico, hate to say it, but the quality might be a little better from down there.
Geeeez, i dont know hunter, all the left handed lucky smoke that the usa chrysler workers were smokin likely came from mexico (lol) Anyway, i`ve owned both mex and usa built, as i said earlier, i couldnt tell the difference in the quality, and i`m a very picky person about quality issues. Both trucks are 2010 year. The only bad issue i had with the mex built one was the single exhaust system droned so bad i couldnt stand it. Also, bit of tib bit of info about the hemi engine...all are made in mexico. Look at your window sticker for your trucks, likely says engine built in mexico. So we ALL have a mex built something in the 4th gen trucks regardless of where the chassis was made.

Last edited by LU229; 03-18-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:13 PM
CarGuyOhio

We have movement. So far they have made their planned schedule.

Ordered 2-27.
As of 3-15 it has been built and on plant release and scheduled to go onto a rail car 3-16.
Hit TX 3-19, switch cars/tracks
Hit IL 3-21, switch cars/tracks
Arrive in OH on 3-27 and the dealer on 4-2.

Of course those dates could change and are really out of Chrysler's hands and in the shippers (3rd party). So Chrysler appears to have held up their end of the deal.
Just want to go on record and say Chrysler did NOT hold up their end of the deal. While it was done being built and was suppose to go off plant release on the 16th and shipped they now claim it just went off release and is now being shipped. Of course no one can answer why. They gave a "sometimes trucks are inspected in more detail for quaility assurance" line. While that is a good thing to do they could have taken the truck apart and put it back together a couple times over that span, so not buying that scripted response. Not to mention if they want to check quailty of vehicles maybe they should randomly check non-purchased (dealer inventory) trucks.

I am not overly angry, just disappointed. Now... If I call in another week and they give me the same line it will turn into anger

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in my 09 RCSB Sport?