4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

V6 electric fan installed on Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 03:20 AM
Baskin Legacy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cmerritt84
I didn't have to to any wiring. Its 100% plug and play. It comes on with ac a d when it reaches set temp to come on. No worries. Direct swap. No wiring required only tool you need is fan clutch removal tool and 13mm wrench to remove stock ac fan and fan shroud.
ooooo... sounds so nice. breaking mine down to work on the CAM and might just toss the shroud and mechanical.... didnt wanta cause any harm without the tuner though

Old 02-07-2021, 03:25 AM
Baskin Legacy

Originally Posted by EricBing
When I looked up that part number, says it won't fit my 11 5.7, is that because it's for a v-6??, I'd like to be sure it bolts b4 I order one for plug an play, I have a superchip 3845, wonder if I have flexibility to change trigger point, or do I need to bother with that...stock thermostat
waiting on a response also to this. for my 2k11 1500 5.7

Old 01-26-2024, 05:23 PM
Ram Rebel

Originally Posted by roju6
I hadn't heard of that before, so a stock electric fan from a v6 1500 will bolt on and plug right into the system for a 5.7 hemi?

Where does it plug into in the wiring system then? I was thinking the only way to do this was an aftermarket fan and wiring it up manually.
If you get a 09-12 dodge 1500 3.6l fan assembly it will replace the oem fan shroud and mechanical fan. The new fan will plug into the power connector that the oem fan plugs into.
It only takes 2 clips, 2 bolts and 3 push pins to remove it get the stock fan and shroud off and to reinstall to mount the new fan.
you can see the power connector on the driver's side of the radiator under the top hose. It is a 4 pin connector but only 2 wires are used with either fan.

Last edited by Ram Rebel; 01-26-2024 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:33 PM
Ram Rebel

Originally Posted by roju6
Just wondering then, why replace the a/c fan that is already there? Couldn't we just remove the clutch fan and leave the a/c fan there, adjust the temps with a tuner and have the same affect?

Or maybe you were going for more visual appeal, engine bay of your truck looks pretty sweet, where did you get the cowl induction system?
The sock electric fan is smaller in diameter with a different pitch on the blades.
A big advantage of the V6 fan assemble is the larger blades for more air flow along with a shroud that is formed around the fan to draw more air through the radiator like the stock mechanical fan does for better cooling.

Old 03-22-2024, 12:37 PM
74 Cuda

I thought I would bring this thread back to life. Last month I installed an OEM electric fan from a 2012 V-6 Ram on my 2017 5.7 Ram and it was a real easy upgrade. I like the increased MPG and how the quiet engine in now. Plus it looks like the truck came on it from the factory. I have been watching the water temp before and after the fan upgrade and it stays between 197 and 204 so I see no ill effects with it overheating. And the best thing is it was a plug and play upgrade and I did not need a tuner to change any settings. Here is a photo of the small stock fan that I replaced with the larger V-6 fan.

Last edited by 74 Cuda; 03-22-2024 at 12:46 PM.

Quick Reply: V6 electric fan installed on Hemi