4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

09 Quad Cab Navigation and Audio Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 10:34 AM
MisterScott
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Mygig but no bakup camera and no VES. The VES icon is now active on the my gig. I also added the video input and output cable but have not hooked anything up to it yet. I do not have the factory ipod adapter but am waiting on the dealership to get me the right parts. I added the Lockpick last weekend and the audio portion of DVD's is cutting out. The Nav seems to be a little slow to respond when changing functions but still tracks. I have not had issues with routing, though I have only done one route.

Audio stays cut out for 3-4 seconds.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:39 AM
ScottyB28
Rookie

I watched a video last night and on my way to work this morning and it never cut out. How often does it cut out?

Old 01-15-2009, 06:16 AM
blue2050
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watched a movie while driving?

Anyhow, I drove mine from Birmingham, Al to Pensacola, Fl yesterday. 4.5 hours. No cut outs at all, even under the overpasses. Running 75mph....16mpg...
Where I was running around in Alabama was a very busy area. Fast food, gas stations, grocery stores, car lots. Perhaps all that noise was messing with it...which is not good.

Like I said I never really have no idea why it was cutting out. My radio/navi is all stock. Just know the trip yesterday was without problems in my truck. Navi girl took me a different way than the past two but got me home.... I have not lived here long. Driven here from B'ham 3x now. The navi girls are good friends to have.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 AM
MisterScott
Rookie

Cuts out maybe once every 45 minutes for 5 seconds or so.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 AM
ScottyB28
Rookie

Well mine cut out for the first time yesterday for about 5 seconds. It's definitely the LockPick. It never cut out until I installed that.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:20 AM
kynig

Has this issue been resolved? My new ram is on order with Nav and i was going to buy the lockpick until I saw these posts.

Kyle

Old 01-22-2009, 04:23 PM
ScottyB28
Rookie

I guess not, mine is still cutting out. It's not that bad, I would still get the lockpick. I just wish it wouldn't do it.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:18 PM
kynig

Scotty did you call the lockpick folks? Did they have any solutions?

Old 01-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Jst

I had an issue where All the systems functions were absolutely normal (video/audio) on an 890 mi trip to ct, however the nav stopped listing turns and I lost my lil green route line about halfway through the trip. Tried resetting and re-entering the destination with no success. On the ride back I left the truck running at every fill up with no issues all the way home.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 AM
MisterScott
Rookie

I emailed CoastEtech who makes the Lockpick. They called me and I had a brief conversation about the two issues I am having. The first issue is the sound cut out. The second issue I have is the unit still seems to play DVD's after I either turn the radio off or turn the trcuk off and leave the truck. Very annoying since I have to back the DVD up to continue at the point I left off. Here is their email reply after the phone conversation:

Thank you for the time on the phone today per our conversation you stated that your Dodge radio behavior had change after the lock pick install please confirm the following

To check if the lock pick causes the radios to stay on after the key has been remove from the ignition and the car has gone to sleep please do the following

Step 1 shot off the car 2 take the key out the ignition 3 open the driver door 3 stay in the car and lock the doors with the remote control while you in the car 4 check the RED LED on the lock pick circuit board to monitor how much time it takes to shot off after the whole system is gone to sleep…. ….

Please let me know if I can assist you further 321 574 5645
Thank you…

I have yet to trouble shoot.

Quick Reply: 09 Quad Cab Navigation and Audio Issues