4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

09 Quad Cab Navigation and Audio Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:10 PM
ScottyB28
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They never responded back to my second email.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Smoothbassman
Professional

I got my unit updated by the dealer a few weeks back and the frequency of the sound cutting out has diminished but its still there. I think this issue is a combination of the NAV unit and the Lockpick not wanting to talk to each other right. I am going to try disconnecting the Lockpick to see if that takes care of the issue.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:04 PM
ScottyB28
Rookie

What's the latest on this?

Mine seems to be doing it more. I have an update cd that came with the lock pick that I might try and see if it helps a bit.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:08 PM
KENJR030
Default 09 ram1500 alpine sub-woofer

Have 09 ram 1500 with alpine 500 watt 10 speaker powered sub-woofer system. Does anyone know how to increase volume or change setting to sub-woofer at all? Sub-woofer has hardley any bass or power to it, no manual come with it.

Thanks

Old 03-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Smoothbassman
Professional
Default Revived

Looks like I finally had my camcorder in the truck at the same time I was having an issue with the Nav Unit. I had it filmed and took it to the dealer a week ago. They warrantied a new head unit and it was installed today, and there are no issues with the sound cutting out anymore. Its only been a couple of hours so far with it, but I really think there was something up with my head unit. This unit seems a bit faster in response than the old one as well.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:51 PM
ScottyB28
Rookie

What's the latest on this? Is your's still working fine smoothbassman?

Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Smoothbassman
Professional

I finally got a 3rd radio from Dodge. Right out of the box it was doing it again. Every so often it would just cut out for no reason.

I called and emailed Coastal and I couldn't get any help on the issue. I was told that they have not been able to recreate this issue using software 9.807. I told them that I had version 1.09 and it was a newer release. They weren't aware of this release and advised me to downgrade to 9.807. I did that, and the issue was still there. Emailed them back last week and haven't gotten a response yet.

Tired of waiting, last Friday, I went to http://mofv.com/mygig/ and downloaded the latest MyGig software 1.22 that just came out at the end of March. The site says that its improved some "bugs" coming out of version 9.807

After installing that update all of my issues went away. No more audio cutting out. Don't know how but its working fine right now.

I'm still going to send this lockpick back and get a new one under warranty just to rule out any other issues.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Pimp_my_Gem

Guys, I have 2009 Ram 1500 with the mygig and the nav. and I also have the radio cut out constantly. I have a cabin in Boone NC and I go up there regularly it's a 13 hour drive one way. I have studied the problem carefully. Here are my findings,
weather it is satelite radio, the rear Ves, aux input or even the nav talking it cuts out. you will notice that the display on your heads up display dispears. if you are listening to the radio you will loose station info, if you are watching the rear Ves tv you will also loose the program info. if you have your Ipod connected and are watching it you will loose that too. if the nav puts ut turn info it too will disapear. I notice it happens on or close to the 15 min marks. example 1:00pm 1:15pm 1:30 1:45pm usually +- 4minutes of that. in my opinion it is not the radio, it must have a module of some sorts that the radio sends the info to and it prcesses it and sends it to the amp they seem to loose communications with each other. I was a ASE master mechanic and I am trained and certified by American Honda. for many years and worked as a shop foreman for a dealer here in Miami. I then opened my own Honda and Acura repair facility. I am no longer in the automotive repair bussines. But I am very familiar with trouble shooting.
I am sure it is not a satelite signal problem beacuse I do not get the "aquiring signal " message that you get when you go under a bridge.
I have taken the truck to dodge countless times and they replaced the radio and that has not helped. I hope this info helps some Geek out there figure out what the heck is causing this.
PLEASE HELP !!!!!!
Joe

Quick Reply: 09 Quad Cab Navigation and Audio Issues