4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bedrug

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Smoothbassman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys sold me on it. I'm going to order one today from my local truck shop and have them install it.

I would get the line X but its twice as expensive and I don't have $700 to spend right now on getting some bed protection. And they can't install it on weekends in my area until the summer. I don't have any vacation to take just to get my bed sprayed.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Smoothbassman
You guys sold me on it. I'm going to order one today from my local truck shop and have them install it.

I would get the line X but its twice as expensive and I don't have $700 to spend right now on getting some bed protection. And they can't install it on weekends in my area until the summer. I don't have any vacation to take just to get my bed sprayed.
That's my main beef with the linex or rhino - they want my truck for like 6 hours to do it and I just can't find the time for that. A bedrug I can install myself or a liner I can have in in like 5 minutes. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do though since I don't think I'm getting a cover anytime soon.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Smoothbassman
Professional

Man, I got luckly. Went to the shop today and they had a bedrug for the ram that was never picked up by another buyer. Sold it to me for 200 bucks and installed it for 50

One hour later I'm rolling back to the house, and its really nice!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:34 PM
WVU Fan
Professional

Good deal, and looks great. You will have to let us know how it holds up.

I just have to say though, why on earth are they telling you guys it takes 6 hours for the Line X? The two shops I have spoke with have said 2 hours, 3 tops. Plus $700 would have to be for the color matched Line X and not the regular Line X which is around $450 in my area.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by WVU Fan
Good deal, and looks great. You will have to let us know how it holds up.

I just have to say though, why on earth are they telling you guys it takes 6 hours for the Line X? The two shops I have spoke with have said 2 hours, 3 tops. Plus $700 would have to be for the color matched Line X and not the regular Line X which is around $450 in my area.
Probably b/c they don't want to guarantee that they'll start on it immediately? Just like with lots of repair shops or the dealerships - it may only take 2 hours to do, but they want the car for pretty much the whole day. And yes, the linex and rhino quotes I got were in the $400 - $450 for the basic, but color matched or kevlar is more expensive. People are worried about the linex fading, which it does at the $450 price.

$200 is a steal of a deal though for a bedrug. No Ram's head though?

Old 03-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Smoothbassman
Professional

The $700 was priced with the Kevlar and was color matched to my truck. Plus it was treated with that "EXTRA" stuff to make it never fade.

You can get the basic black for $400 in my area. Still need 4 to 6 hours in the shop to get it done though. No Saturdays, and I'm not avaliable to drive an hour from my house to get it done on a Weekday.

I really lucked up today, He dropped the price to get it out of his inventory.

Guy made the deposit got it in 4 months ago and just disappeared. Phone number that he left didn't even work anymore.

They just took the 100 dollars off that he made on the deposit and installed it on the spot to make the sale.

Talked to my supplier, and the Rams head on the Bedrug is only available through the Dodge dealer at $400 bucks. They don't offer that to any aftermarket suppliers. I was told that the Rams head rugs are covered by the Factory warranty, so thats cool but not worth the 50 buck premium over the standard 350 price of the regular bedrug.

I'll let you guys know how it cleans up. Planning on taking my ATV out for a mud ride in a few weeks.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:00 AM
alerotaz
Default Old forum new question to this..

Ok I now own a Ram... Yea me.
I want to get the Bed rug. Has any put one on and put in the Bed extender? I want to know if I will have to cut anything or will it hinder either item if done together? Other wise I will have to go with spray in.. Speaking of .. Any one done spray and bed rug?

Old 03-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by alerotaz
I want to get the Bed rug. Has any put one on and put in the Bed extender? I want to know if I will have to cut anything or will it hinder either item if done together? Other wise I will have to go with spray in.. Speaking of .. Any one done spray and bed rug?
Why would you want spray in and bedrug? Did you mean spray in and bed extender?

Old 03-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Smoothbassman
Professional

Originally Posted by alerotaz

If you get the rug, you will have to just mount the bed extender over top of the rug. Very simple to do and secures the rug even better to the bed.

The rug does add about 1/4" of thickness to the sides of you bed. Your bed extender should fit just fine.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:01 PM
pil03001
Rookie

Are you talking about the rams that have the rambox and bed extender/divider?

Quick Reply: Bedrug