4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

radio quit !

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:48 AM
qicvick
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio quit !

Post #1

remote started the truck this morning and as I was walking out to it noticed before I even opened door the black space in the middle of the dash,. got in sure nuff no sound,nav.light or anything,. like no power at all to the whole system, I killed the motor and opened the door hoping to reset maybe, just this week I learned how to import music from cd and have about 15 disc recorded, it was working fine last night, it was 5 o'clock in the morning so couldn't cheak anything like fuses, were is the fuse box, I looked on the side of the dash and didn't see one but it was dark, anybody else have a problem like this, I did a search but every thing I typed in said sorry no matches

Old 04-02-2009, 09:15 AM
BrianLI
Rookie

I did and posted it last week on Friday. My whole system wasn't working so what I did was disconnect the battery, wait a few seconds and reconnect it. Doing that I reset the computer and the radio/nav/HD system works fine. Didn't loose any stations or imported music.

Give that a try....good luck. If it doesnt work I recommend bringing back and having them order you another system.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:40 AM
alerotaz
Default The radio experts.. LOL

I wanted to ask this one. I owned the truck for 3 days and put a Lockpick on the radio. I noticed especially when I play a dvd for the kids I will lose sound for about 15 seconds and then it be fine. I wanted to know if anyone else had this issue or is it from the lockpick? Movie does not freeze I just lose sound.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

Originally Posted by alerotaz
I wanted to ask this one. I owned the truck for 3 days and put a Lockpick on the radio. I noticed especially when I play a dvd for the kids I will lose sound for about 15 seconds and then it be fine. I wanted to know if anyone else had this issue or is it from the lockpick? Movie does not freeze I just lose sound.
I've got a Lockpick in mine and have never experienced this, nor had any other troubles for that matter. Did you make sure that you firmly engaged the connectors? I noticed that they didn't have the final 'snap in' feel that the OEM connectors have. I was extra careful to make sure all of the connectors were fully seated before I buttoned it up.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
BrianLI
Rookie

Originally Posted by Secret Agent Man
I've got a Lockpick in mine and have never experienced this, nor had any other troubles for that matter. Did you make sure that you firmly engaged the connectors? I noticed that they didn't have the final 'snap in' feel that the OEM connectors have. I was extra careful to make sure all of the connectors were fully seated before I buttoned it up.
Can you or anybody explain what you mean by a Lockpick? Is that the on the factory HD Radio system?

Thank you!

Old 04-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

Here is the website for the product: http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm

It is an aftermarket module that you can add on to your MyGig radio which allows you to enter navigation street addresses in motion, add an external backup or forward camera, and watch DVD's in motion among other features. I'm very happy with it so far.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:24 PM
BrianLI
Rookie

That wont mess up the MyGig at all and make it freeze up?

Seems pretty cool and a possible investment in the future.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

Originally Posted by BrianLI
That wont mess up the MyGig at all and make it freeze up?

Seems pretty cool and a possible investment in the future.
Its not supposed to and it has not yet done so to mine. Like I said in my previous post, the connectors that come with the unit don't 'snap in' the way the OEM connectors do. You just have to make sure the connectors are fully seated.

There is an alternative device out there called the AllGig. It does the same thing as the Lockpick. Both have their followings who claim one is superior over the other. I opted for the Lockpick because there was a group buy going on and I got it cheaper. So far I'm happy with it. I'm sure the AllGig is fine too, but I have not used it.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:04 PM
BrianLI
Rookie

Thanks for the info on that S.A.M!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:15 PM
qicvick
Professional

Originally Posted by BrianLI
I did and posted it last week on Friday. My whole system wasn't working so what I did was disconnect the battery, wait a few seconds and reconnect it. Doing that I reset the computer and the radio/nav/HD system works fine. Didn't loose any stations or imported music.

Give that a try....good luck. If it doesnt work I recommend bringing back and having them order you another system.
THANKS FOR THE TIP!!! I tryed that when I got home and everything is working again !!!

Quick Reply: radio quit !