4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Less then a month old and have a dented crome bumper!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Mattones
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Less then a month old and have a dented crome bumper!

So tonight was all rainy and crappy out I go to back into a spot and watching my side mirrors as i went to correct myself and some how didn't notice the freaking post behind me!! Had this truck for almost 2 weeks and now there is a dent in the back crome bumper. It's a little to the left under the license plate. It pushed the plastic foot step up at the back 1/4 inch so now its raised. A buddy said that I may have 'cracked' the crome as there is a little hairline bump beside the dent Who knows Its dark and i will have a closer inspection tomorrow before work. I hope to god it wont rust!

Also the tow package paint was chipped. I figure i'll just repaint it before it rusts. a few minutes of work.

I know bumping crome out is never perfect and could look worse then it was. Mind you flaking of the crome paint so I'm going to leave it unless anyone knows anything i can do to help it.

I'm tempted to buy new bumper but why bother if it doesnt rust.

Will post pictures tomorrow when there is light It was only a matter of time before something happend to my new bab being a construction truck.

Last edited by Mattones; 04-03-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Inbred
Professional

Sorry man, definitely know the feeling. Did a similar thing in the first weeks of my last truck with a trailer coupler.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:09 PM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

Sorry to hear that. I backed my last truck into a fire hydrant, but I was backing up very slowly and it just put a tiny tiny dent in it - barely noticable. Anyways, hope it doesn't rust.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Mattones
Professional

I'm really kicking myself right now. I hope it looks better in the light. So much for my show truck.

Any idea`s on how i can stop it from rusting if it looks as if it may in the future?

Old 04-03-2009, 10:43 PM
allhans
Rookie

now its a REAL truck !!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:50 PM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran

Originally Posted by Mattones
So tonight was all rainy and crappy out I go to back into a spot and watching my side mirrors as i went to correct myself and some how didn't notice the freaking post behind me!! Had this truck for almost 2 weeks and now there is a dent in the back crome bumper. It's a little to the left under the license plate. It pushed the plastic foot step up at the back 1/4 inch so now its raised. A buddy said that I may have 'cracked' the crome as there is a little hairline bump beside the dent Who knows Its dark and i will have a closer inspection tomorrow before work. I hope to god it wont rust!

Also the tow package paint was chipped. I figure i'll just repaint it before it rusts. a few minutes of work.

I know bumping crome out is never perfect and could look worse then it was. Mind you flaking of the crome paint so I'm going to leave it unless anyone knows anything i can do to help it.

I'm tempted to buy new bumper but why bother if it doesnt rust.

Will post pictures tomorrow when there is light It was only a matter of time before something happend to my new bab being a construction truck.

Dont feel bad I had mine aproximately 3 weeks 4 days before I jumped a clump of sand on the beach and bent my front knuckle and had a 600 bill.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:30 AM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, it is only the rear bumper. I would not touch it for a while. It does suck to hear that though.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:10 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker

leave it alone! chances are it's going to happen again, wait until you have driving the truck down 110% before you waste money on another one

Old 04-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Mattones
Professional

I figure as i saw it in the light today it does not look to bad, exp with the turtle wax covering it haha.

I am going to leave it i shouldnt rust for a year or more if i take good care of her boo bo, lol

Old 04-04-2009, 08:51 PM
lancelanz
Veteran

dont feel bad i backed mine into a pole and put a small dent right under the passenger tail light and cracked the lens. it isnt letting any water in so i am not gonna replace the light since i plan on getting some led tails when they are available.

Quick Reply: Less then a month old and have a dented crome bumper!