4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I just hit bambi...Dodge Ram vs. 200lbs Deer

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 03:38 PM
cve
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I just hit bambi...Dodge Ram vs. 200lbs Deer

At least I killed it...stupid deer jumped right of me and I didn't have time to even flinch. From a casual glance it doesn't look real bad but this sucks. My front bumper is real bad, front grill is cracked, drivers quarter panel is compression bent, drivers headlight housing is cracked (can't see how the headlamp didn't break). Only saving grace is the hood is fine. I guess the mounted tow hook really did a number on that darn things' midsection. I got deer snot all down the drivers side.

To make matters worse I was on my way to Lowes to build a rivnut tool to mount my new side steps.

I was going about 50mph and I guess I'm lucky I wasn't in my wifes Murano...it would have been destroyed. Still doesn't make me very happy...truck is less than 3 months old and there's only 2500 miles on it.

Totally bummed...

At least I got my new side steps on!

Last edited by cve; 05-12-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:56 PM
mike2810
Captain

Sorry you hit a deer. At least you were not hurt. Guess that is why we have insurance. Reason I have an 09 Dodge is in January someone crossed over the lane lines and hit me head on. Totaled my tacoma.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:17 PM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

Sorry to hear that. At least it wasn't worse....

Considered a grill guard?

Old 04-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

Sorry to hear about your "run-in" with the deer. I was polishing my wife's car and I parked my truck on the street (since my driveway isn't big enough to park both vehicles in it and not get the other one wet when you're washing one), when heard a hellacious crashing sound. It turns out that my neighbor's daughter backed out of her driveway and into the rear of my truck with their
Suburban.

I went to look expecting the worst and all she did was put a good size ding in the left rear side of the bumper and bent the brackets - it sits slightly askew to the right. She copped to it, (how could she not) and her mom said that they'll take care of it. It sucks getting it hit, but the truck is only a month old. Oh well, I guess it's officially "broken-in".

Old 04-11-2009, 05:38 PM
utour
Rookie

Originally Posted by cve
At least I killed it...stupid deer jumped right of me and I didn't have time to even flinch. From a casual glance it doesn't look real bad but this sucks. My front bumper is real bad, front grill is cracked, drivers quarter panel is compression bent, drivers headlight housing is cracked (can't see how the headlamp didn't break). Only saving grace is the hood is fine. I guess the mounted tow hook really did a number on that darn things' midsection. I got deer snot all down the drivers side.

To make matters worse I was on my way to Lowes to build a rivnut tool to mount my new side steps.

I was going about 50mph and I guess I'm lucky I wasn't in my wifes Murano...it would have been destroyed. Still doesn't make me very happy...truck is less than 3 months old and there's only 2500 miles on it.

Totally bummed...

At least I got my new side steps on!
Man I'm sorry. I feel you. You have a nice truck. Good thing there is not more than that. Hope you can fix it up and enjoy it. Your truck looks awesome. Sorry.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Mattones
Professional

Aw man that blows. my truck is two weeks old and someone already hit my bumper at a parking lot where i parked AWAY from everyone.

I hope you kept the deer.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:16 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you can get it fixed easily.

Did you get a pick of the deer??

Old 04-11-2009, 07:41 PM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

Yeah... where's a pic of the deer?

I guess I've been lucky that I haven't hit anything or anything hasn't hit my truck, but my wife sure got close to side swiping the Ram with her Hummer trying to get out of the driveway...

Old 04-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Scottyluck
Professional

Did ya keep the deer? At least you could've gotten the last laugh when it was on your dinner table!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. This time of year, at least in my neck of the woods, deer are everywhere with all of nature's glory budding.
Consider yourself lucky. It definately could've been worse.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:19 PM
qicvick
Professional

someone in my town has a white one that has been hit all down the left side, seen it twice

Quick Reply: I just hit bambi...Dodge Ram vs. 200lbs Deer